+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: Tannoy Berkeleys and SDS stands

I'm Paul.

Default FS: Tannoy Berkeleys and SDS stands

Pair of Tannoy Berkeley MkII speakers for sale together with custom made SDS stands. £1200 ono. Now reduced to £1100 ono

The 15" K-series 3828 drivers are in superb condition having been re-coned at Lockwoods by a previous owner.

At the same time he also had the cabinets refinished in a black shellac and lined the upper portion of the cabinets with dynamat so they are pretty inert (and heavy!)

I had a tech bypass the energy and roll off controls at the level position. It's an easily reversible mod though.

I'm selling them complete with the SDS stands but I do also have the original plinths which are on castors. Apart from placing the speaker at the correct height, the spiked stands are made from constrained layer damped steel and do a great job of preventing the cabinets from transmitting low frequency energy into the floor by converting it to heat.

Cosmetically, the stands are unmarked and the cabinets are very presentable. I'd say 7/10. The grills are unmarked and the hard to find Tannoy badges are present. The drivers themselves look almost mint. 9.5/10

Can be auditioned in Giffnock near Glasgow. Collection only.

Last edited by hermit; 09-06-2017 at 14:59.

I'm Andrew.

I'm pleased you're in Glasgow Paul glwts

I'm Peter.

Very nice, shame you are located in Glasgow... perhaps a mile or two, too far from Wiltshire. But good luck with the sale

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Geoff.

It might be good to point out that these are the later Berkeley Mk.II. Very nice too!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Paul.

Peter and Andrew, thanks for your comments. They're well worth the drive based on sq alone but where else will you find a modern looking black pair with nice grey grilles? I rented a van and drove to 'neutral territory' in Lancashire to meet up with the owner who drove 100 miles north. Sadly I can't make a similar offer as my car won't take the pair of them as it has a boot rather than a hatch.

Thanks Geoff. I've edited the ad.

I'm Peter.

Me too.... don't think they would fit in an Audi TTS.... plus a 750 mile round trip.

As I said before, they will sell to the right buyer... perhaps nearer than I .

If they were HPD Drivers, perhaps that would be a different matter.

Peter

I'm Paul.

bump

I'm Paul.

Reduced to £1100 ono

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    If they were HPD Drivers, perhaps that would be a different matter.

Peter
    I rate the 3 series drive units very highly. My Mk.II Cheviots with the 3128 drivers sound better than the 12" HPD and 12" Monitor Gold speakers I've owned.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Peter.

Thanks for that assessment / recommendation regarding the drivers. Tempted, but the distance is really an issue... Very costly, even at the reduced price.

Hay ho

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast