+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WANTED - Goodmans Magister Mid Driver

I'm Martin.

Default WANTED - Goodmans Magister Mid Driver

Hi all, in need of a Goodmans Magister Mid Driver. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I can collect/ pay cash if within a sensible distance from Brighton or happy to pay for driver/ packaging/ postage. Many thanks Martin
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dylanthecat; 05-06-2017 at 14:40.

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylanthecat View Post
    Hi all, in need of a Goodmans Magister Mid Driver. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I can collect/ pay cash if within a sensible distance from Brighton or happy to pay for driver/ packaging/ postage. Many thanks Martin
    i have one or 2 of these at home...
    i'd be willing to part with it/them.
    I won't charge any dosh, keeping in the spirit of the wonderful AoS but I will require a beer token or 2 to cover postage...
    or you can wait a few weeks as my parents live in Brighton and you can pick up from them free of charge?
    let me know..

BTW I would seriously consider your crossovers fettled with by David Coe (Ad Audio, in the Trade section)
    it will take your Magisters to another league!! and for small change for what it give you..
    "lack of passion is fatal"

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Martin.

Hi, fanastic that would wonderful. I can wait the two weeks to aviod any postal damage and I can ensure a crate of your favorite beers. Are you fond of any of Dark Stars offerings? Best regards, Martin

I'm Martin.

Thank you for the advice on the x-over. I will take that up. I have a real soft spot for the vintage Goodmans. Martin

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Dylanthecat View Post
    Thank you for the advice on the x-over. I will take that up. I have a real soft spot for the vintage Goodmans. Martin
    My pleasure, you can have both, keep 1 for spare. Beers not necessary mate, but Thanks. I drink too much as is!

Ironically i'm currently trying to track down a replacement Magister 15'' Bass Driver.

The X-Over is an incredible performance upgrade and keeps the flavour but I was gobsmacked by what can be achieved with these speakers
    So much so when hearing David's X-Overs I immediately set out to buy some Magisters and ditching a pair of £2.5k modern floor standers !

Vinyl: Thorens TD-124mk2 / SME-312 Aluminium 'special' / SME M2-9R / STEREO: Etsuro Urushi Cobalt / Shure M3D / Ortofon SPU A95 / Cartridge Man Music Master / Shure - SC35C (US) / SAEC C3 MC MONO: Miyajima Zero B 0.7mil mono / Miyajima Premium 1.0 / Amps & SUTs: Radford STA25 mk3 / AD Audio 'Satchmo2' pre & LCR phono / Hashimoto HM-7 SUT / ETR-MONO SUT Digital: Audio Note 4.1 (with DAC5 upgrades) DAC / Roon / Tidal Speakers: Tannoy 12" MGs' in RFC custom 'Rutland' Cabinets with RFC crossovers / Tannoy ST-100 Super Tweeters Cables: LFD Grainless phono / RFC Mercury / Duelund DCA16GA tinned copper / Kimber 12TC / SW1X Audio Design USB-SPdif / Duelund DCA20GA interconnects / SW1X Audio SPDIF Aero 6 / Mains Power Conditioner / Box Furniture rack / Audiodesk Systeme Vinyl Cleaner / a very beautiful & understanding Wife!

I'm Andrew.

Hello Martin and Adam. I think I might start a Magisters thread in Past Masters. I am intrigued by the crossover modification and wondering if you went for the ones on eBay Adam? I'll start it with a description of what I have done to mine. I also have a pair of the mids spare but given my penchant for tinkering I coated them in a layer of PVA to try to calm them down a bit!

I'm Martin.

Hi, I am going to proceed with Adam's recommendation on the crossover mod as the suggested results sound a great investment. I will also enquire as to whether similar improvements in the performance of Dimension 8 can be realised. I will keep you posted. Martin

I'm Adam.

Hi Andrew, no I didn't go for the pair on eBay yesterday but I was watching, I had a pair sitting around for a bit as I heard David Coe's modded crossover pair and was very impressed so when some came up a while ago I snapped them up. I have notified David Coe of your thread and he will be commenting and contributing.
    It's very appealing to me when one can utilise well made products of yesteryear and reasonably lift them into the premier league. Witnessing David bringing an OK pair of speakers up to compete and indeed leave for dead far more expensive modern speakers was a complete eye opener for me. Those bass drivers sure have some grunt!

QUOTE=RMutt;871607]Hello Martin and Adam. I think I might start a Magisters thread in Past Masters. I am intrigued by the crossover modification and wondering if you went for the ones on eBay Adam? I'll start it with a description of what I have done to mine. I also have a pair of the mids spare but given my penchant for tinkering I coated them in a layer of PVA to try to calm them down a bit![/QUOTE]
    Last edited by WESTLOWER; 06-06-2017 at 11:47.

+ Reply to Thread