+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4K blu ray player - worth the jump?

I'm Grant.

Malaysia
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Not surprised.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

Amazon have already refunded me Good service
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Blimey. That was quick!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

I'm a good customer I guess. Decided against a replacement. Will leave it til later
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm mike.

i was toying with the idea of getting the xbox 1 s for 4k blu ray but then heard/read that the new xbox 1 x will play "native" 4k blu ray, so im assuming the 1 s isnt a true 4k player, so its a bit confusing, then i heard that bbc is goin to broadcast in 4k but the tv has to be compatible with high log gamma, so im even more confused.

I'm Martin.

I was reading that all these disc players are going to become a more niche technology in the face of streaming.

I am looking for a Blu ray player now and have to decide if I want a 4K player. As a General overview it seems that I have to spend out £500+ to get away from the cheap plastic build quality.

Im well behind thinking of Blu rays and I wont be buying many Blu rays so maybe its time to ensure I go full 4K. My next telly will be 4K so I had better get a player with at least 4K upscaling. Maybe an Xbox One X will start me off but I dont like slot loading

So you may see my point for a skinflint like me. Beeb arent broadcasting in 4K and 4K movies are pricey. Ive been happy enough well behind the times....or have I?

I'm Grant.

oppo
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

Yes the Oppo 203 looks like a nice piece of kit.

I'm Dennis.

This discussion raises the predicament which my stance places me in, and you may think that I am an old cantankerous fart, or stick in the mud.

I think that so much TV is utter crap that I cannot find anything worth wasting the time on and think on the whole it is designed for people who are so knackered after their arduous days, that they use it inattentively as a sedative/palliative for relaxation.

I am also pessimistic about current music O/P which to me hardly merits the description 'Art'. Given this disposition I can hardly see a point in wanting to improve the quality of the vehicle for its reception, though I have a very fine music system after years of striving.

TV is only minimally available in HD ATM, and though initially exciting as improved resolution tends to provoke, seeing facial flaws, eg spots and blemishes, hardly really affects the understanding of the content of the programme material.

With poor material, lacking any subtlety, what is the point in increasing the quality of the medium itself unless you want to evaluate the poor standards produced by the organisations?

To put it another way, if we are going to consume poison, does it matter whether the spoon is clean, or what it is made from?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast