+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4K blu ray player - worth the jump?

I'm Phil.

Default 4K blu ray player - worth the jump?

I took delivery of a new 4K TV yesterday and spent the rest of the day in awe at its abilities, not least of which was its upscaling prowess when playing standard blu ray discs.

It left me wondering if I should proceed with my plan in the near future to buy a 4k blu ray machine; is the leap from blu ray to 4k blu ray worth the investment?

Any advice, anyone?

I'm Yiangos.

Hi Phil

The simple answer is "yes" ! I bought a oppo udp-203 and couldn't believe my eyes the improvement it made not only on blu-rays but on dvds as well.

I'm Geoffrey.

In April I bought a Panasonic TX-65DX902B TV and in May I bought a Samsung UBD-K8500 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player.
    Picture quality with upscaled Blu-ray films is excellent and with UHD HDR Blu-ray films is stunning with the right films. UHD Blu-ray films need to be researched to find the ones with the best picture quality.

I've also upgraded my Netflix plan/subscription to UHD, the picture quality of Netflix UHD content isn't as good as UHD Blu-ray but it's pretty good.

Amazon and HMV currently have a few UHD Blu-ray films on offer at two for £30.00

https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=12925914031

http://store.hmv.com/search-results?...t=uhd+2+for+30

I'm Phil.

Thanks, chaps.

I've earmarked a few models to have a gander's at and will probably snaffle one the next time Richer Sounds have a rush of blood to the head.

I upgraded my Netflix to their 4K service on the day the TV arrived. Stunning quality.

Thanks again.

I'm Grant.

Oddly I just ordered a Sony 4K upscale version. Thought it was good enough for my TVs good price too
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm al.

always used oppo.do constant updates and the machines are like tanks.ive got a 105 and a 205,also 83se with updated board and customer service is second to none

cheers

alan
    linn and naim man here

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by al b back View Post
    always used oppo.do constant updates and the machines are like tanks.ive got a 105 and a 205,also 83se with updated board and customer service is second to none

cheers

alan
    Would love one but I'm poor lol. Got oppo headphones and they are hreat
    Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

Got my Father's Day pressie. Sony blue ray upscale 4K. Don't have 4K tv yet but nice to know it's there. Got wifi and apps too so a useful bit of kit. Good pic too. Better than last one

Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Grant.

an update... the damn thing packed up near end of a dvd... started jittering etc and not keen on giving up disc after. On its way back to Amazon .... so beware sony bluray build quality. Picture was superb but no use if it cant manage a single dvd without breaking down.
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Geoff.

Not good. Glad you packed it off back to them Grant. Where was it made, Taiwan, Singapore, China?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast