+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mains Power Supply Conditioner - Advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Peter.

Default Mains Power Supply Conditioner - Advice

Sorry.... I posted this to the wrong Forum (Originally in Artist Impressions) mods... please delete.

Nothing's wrong with my power supply ( I think) but just curious to know if these devices are truly up to what is stated???

Anybody got one? And if so, what is the recommendation?

They appear to be extortionately expensive and don't really want to waste yet more money on redundant equipment that doesn't work.

Any advice much appreciated?

I would be wanting sometime I could plug everything into the device, so a reasonably high power rating and "if it would make any real difference "

I guess the McIntosh MA 2275 takes the Most current.

Seen a couple on the interweb but my gosh are they expensive

Any pearls of wisdom?????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Deleted.

In my experience all conditioners blunt the musics dynamic though some interpret this as added smoothness/sophistication. Those that entirely regenerate the mains are better but I've heard the very best that PS Audio do (they really are bloody expensive) and I still wasn't convinced.
    Account Deleted

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    In my experience all conditioners blunt the musics dynamic though some interpret this as added smoothness/sophistication. Those that entirely regenerate the mains are better but I've heard the very best that PS Audio do (they really are bloody expensive) and I still wasn't convinced.
    Agreed, after spending a lot of time experimenting I prefer good plugs and blocks, nothing fancy.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm tony.

Airlink BMUs are great vfm. Ive used one for years-I have an industrial estate over the road, if your mains are dirty they work wonders,

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by wee tee cee View Post
    Airlink BMUs are great vfm. Ive used one for years-I have an industrial estate over the road, if your mains are dirty they work wonders,
    I do have a spare custom one of these if anyone is interested of taking it out of my store cupboard. It is a 2kVA balanced transformer in hardwired configuration, I used a mains cable, took the IEC socket off & screwed the wires into the unit: https://airlinktransformers.com/prod...supply-bps2020 with a custom-specified RCBO on the output just for extra safety. Worth experimenting with a DC blocker too if going down the balanced mains route.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread