+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Power Supply Conditioner - Advice

I'm Peter.

Default Power Supply Conditioner - Advice

Nothing's wrong with my power supply ( I think) but just curious to know if these devices are truly up to what is stated???

Anybody got one? And if so, what is the recommendation?

They appear to be extortionately expensive and don't really want to waste yet more money on redundant equipment that doesn't work.

Any advice much appreciated?

I would be wanting sometime I could plug everything into the device, so a reasonably high power rating and "if it would make any real difference "

I guess the McIntosh MA 2275 takes the Most current.

Seen a couple on the interweb but my gosh are they expensive

Any pearls of wisdom?????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Neil.

Yeah, there's a few of us who have tried it all, mains conditioners, regenerators, balanced mains, DC blockers, but ended up back at square one with a decent unswitched, no neon mains block, and that's it. Here's what I use:

https://olsondirect.co.uk/6-way-13a-...32a-rated.html
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomanze View Post
    Yeah, there's a few of us who have tried it all, mains conditioners, regenerators, balanced mains, DC blockers, but ended up back at square one with a decent unswitched, no neon mains block, and that's it. Here's what I use:

https://olsondirect.co.uk/6-way-13a-...32a-rated.html
    Interesting. For the uninitiated, can you briefly describe what makes that different from a cheap generic power strip, and what benefits it provides? I'm intrigued...

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by LC1979 View Post
    Interesting. For the uninitiated, can you briefly describe what makes that different from a cheap generic power strip, and what benefits it provides? I'm intrigued...
    I guess piece of mind that you're getting a solid connection (can lift the block up by a plugged in plug), no chance of mains conditioners 'sitting on' the dynamics of the system, no noise from neon switches, just a tight and robust connection. I guess you could use a cheaper PDU that also meets these requirements.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Luke.

Great, thanks for the clarification.

+ Reply to Thread