Hello to everyone! I hope everybody's weekend is going well so far.

So anyway, my name is Nick & I'm an Art of Sound newbie. I'm very excited to meet & chat with other like minded folks & audio freaks!

So a bit about me. I grew up as a skater kid starting in '88, so naturally I gravitated towards punk rock. But I was also a band geek, so I knew music & started listening to Pixies (my fav band ever!) Saw em on the "Doolittle" tour in I think '91. Could be wrong. Also love The Mighty Mighty Bosstones (seen them well over 100 times just cause they were a local band when I was growing up), Helmet, The Cramps, Lemonheads, early RHCP, Jane's Addiction, & so on. A lot of really obscure bands too.
I also love ska music. I played guitar in 2 ska/punk bands.
The 1st being called Big Lick. We put out a CD & toured for a while.
The 2nd being Big D and the Kids Table. Some of you may have heard of them, as they have been a pretty popular band for some time now. I was friends with em before they even started Big D. Their guitarist left & I stepped in for aprox 5 yrs or so. Got sick of being in a van or a bus & that was it.

So now that I've introduced myself, let's get back to the Herbies mats.

As you can see in the title of my 1st thread, Today I received my Herbies Way Excellent ll mat, & I love it!
I feel that I can finally stop trying out different types of platter mats. The search is over!
I have a Technics SL1200 M3D, so I purchased the 4mm high one with a diameter of 285mm.

Any opinions on Herbies mats or modding Technics 1200's?

Thanks to anyone who just read my introduction. Sorry it was long.
I am excited to be a part of "The Art of Sound".