+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Crap weather for June

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Just back from a six-mile power walk, up and down hills, in 30+ degree heat... Man, *that* was punishing. Should've worked off the big lunch I had earlier nicely, though!

Now, it's into the shower to rise off the caked-in sweat from my balls!! Have you had your tea yet? No?

Good. Hold that thought, then!

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Just back from a six-mile power walk, up and down hills, in 30+ degree heat... Man, *that* was punishing. Should've worked off the big lunch earlier nicely, though!

Now, it's into the shower to rise off the caked-in sweat from my balls!!

Marco.
    just sat down myself after a 6 yard powerwalk to the bog
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

Hehehe... Do you feel 3-stone lighter now, after dropping a nice big load?

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do" -- Milan Kundera.

I'm Grant.

indeedy.. time for a ginger grizzly now
    Regards,
    Grant ....

DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

Quality... Might join you after I come out the shower, as I've got some ice-cold ones in the fridge

Marco.

I'm Geoff.

Another roasting day ahead. 33C (91F and a bit) out there. I have stuff I want to do outside, but it's just too hot for me.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Grant.

a mix of sun and cloud today. 19C and likely to stay this way I think
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Another roasting day ahead. 33C (91F and a bit) out there. I have stuff I want to do outside, but it's just too hot for me.
    Not quite so hot here. I'm attempting to built a 5m length of dry stone wall. Digging trench and moving stone from one part of the garden to another is proving a bit too much in this heat. Doing a couple of hours each day before 10am is about as much as my old body can manage. Still, over half way there.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by ianlenco View Post
    Not quite so hot here. I'm attempting to built a 5m length of dry stone wall. Digging trench and moving stone from one part of the garden to another is proving a bit too much in this heat. Doing a couple of hours each day before 10am is about as much as my old body can manage. Still, over half way there.
    I like dry stone walling. It's a knack.

I've done most of the necessary masonry work in my garden (paving repairs). Trouble is, I've a garage I need to rebuild/enlarge now and need a couple of weeks of moderate, dry weather to achieve this. Can't do it in heat or rain.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm GettingFunky.

A high of 35 degrees forecast for today.
    Thursday has a forecast high of 38 degrees! How hot is it going to get this year?
    Kevin

Funkified Technics SL1200 Mk2 (Funk FX-1200+, Techne-Audio modified DL-103/AT33PTG/II/, Funk Firm "Strata" platter, "Spin" bearing and BO!NG Isolation feet, MCRU/LDA PSU).
    Pioneer PD-S703.
    Battery powered Beresford Caiman II.
    Firebottle KIN fitted with NOS Telefunken Valves.
    Firebottle Monoblocks fitted with NOS Telefunken Valves.
    Electric Beach FH3 with Taket BatPure super tweeters.
    Graham Slee Solo Ultra Linear Headphone amp.
    Sennheiser HD540 Reference II & HD650.
    DIY Klotz MC5000/MS Audio interconnects.
    Talk cable 3 speaker cable.
    Neotech hybrid mains cables from MCRU
    Power Inspired AG1500

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast