+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Matrix Mini idac, Sennheiser HD565 Ovations, Cambridge 540P MM phono stage and if

I'm Lawrence.

Default FS: Matrix Mini idac, Sennheiser HD565 Ovations, Cambridge 540P MM phono stage and if

Lovely dac which punches well above its weight, solid aluminum build, remote control volume (aluminium remote), also has a useful built in headphone amp. Usb, optical, aes/beu, bnc (plus rca adaptor) inputs, balanced and unbalanced outputs. Boxed in very good condition with some very minor marks (a few scratches on the bottom which obviously can't be seen).

Sound wise it has a full bodied sound with just a hint of forwardness which makes for an involving listen compared to a truly neutral dac. I rather enjoy using it in variable output mode at full (0db) volume which I find a little more involving than the pure dac mode, but that is a function of my system and may not hold for another, but the point is it gives you the option of 2 output stages to match with the rest of your system. Asking a very fair £125 posted.

Sennheiser HD565 Ovation in excellent condition with recent earpads and headband, and I have also upgraded the cable to the HD650 model. These were the best Sennheisers without the (in)famous "veil" (softened treble) of the 580/600/650 series, until the 7/800s came out. So light and comfortable compared to every other headphone I've tried. Only selling as I have bought some high end hifiman planars. £75 posted.

Cambridge Audio 540p great budget MM phono stage , already very competitive at its price but can be modded to make it compete with much more expensive stages. £40 posted.

Ifi iPower is the 12v version, packs some serious technology according to the blurb, so not your usual wal wart. It has a European plug but I can throw in an adaptor if you need it. The PSU has an interchangeable plug so it might be simple to get a UK one to click on. Asking a fair £20 plus postage (probably small packet <1 or 1-2kg).

Items can also be collected from North London Southgate N21 near the M25/A406/M10/A1 or central (Bank/Moorgate).

Sent from my NEM-L51 using Tapatalk

I'm Lawrence.

Ifi psu sold, just as well as I noticed the title was cut short and it got missed out!

I'm Lawrence.

Bump for these, will take £50 plus postage for the Sennies. The matrix headphone amp worked wonders with my hifiman HE6s, which are notoriously hard to drive.

I'm Andrej.

Default Matrix

Hi,
    interested in you Matrix DAC. Please PM me if it is still available.
    Thanks

I'm Lawrence.

Sennheisers now sold dac under discussion.

I'm Lawrence.

Just the phono stage left, £40 posted, can be modded to make a very nice piece of kit. The psu isn't shown, but of course is included.

I'm Lawrence.

Completely-forgot-about-this bump.

+ Reply to Thread