+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Well, where do we go from here ?

I'm jamie.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    For those who may be unaware. The trough and paddle from a Rock can be used on just about any turntable if you fit it carefully. I've seen this done (can't recall what turntable it was though ). The trough & paddle do come up for sale once in a while.
    yes on mine its just 1 allen bolt that holds it on,drill a hole in your plinth or stick down and you've got instant damping

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post
    Hi Jamie, I can't really make an expert recommendation for an external power supply having only ever used a Merlin. If you could find one, it will possibly cost more than you paid for the deck.
    My only suggestion would be to drop Max Townsend an email and see if he can supply motor type/ Voltage/ load, etc and then take it from there.
    Obviously, there are others on this forum that could advise (Arkless) on matters electrical.
    I know that the Merlin for the Rock 7 is still available from Townsend but is a whooping £2,225 but even so, I doubt it will be compatible with the Rock II motor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    cheers peter,i will give him a call .
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Neil.

Can't help but think that the best possible upgrade would be to lose the cabinet, replace with a HiFi rack, bit of room treatment in the corners & maybe behind the speakers, and let the speakers breathe more given the space limitations. No new cartridge, new amps etc. will come close to this upgrade IMHO!
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234