+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamaha ns1000m

I'm Geoff.

I was contemplating having some made. I can't see me replacing them ever so some bespoke stands would be nice. What's your design?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm jamie.

My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    You've obviously never tried a Yamaha DSP-A1!
    Nope, and most likely never will. I have heard other similar monsters however.
    Still haven't heard anything that was even near challenging a basic, well constructed two channel amp/power.

Sorry if my remark was offensive, but as usual it's a generalisation based on my personal experience. And so far i have never heard anything that would even come close to changing my view.

All ears, though!

I'm charles.

You need to listen to a Yamaha Z9 av amp which will most certainly will change your mind...

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfaGTV View Post
    Nope, and most likely never will. I have heard other similar monsters however.
    Still haven't heard anything that was even near challenging a basic, well constructed two channel amp/power.

Sorry if my remark was offensive, but as usual it's a generalisation based on my personal experience. And so far i have never heard anything that would even come close to changing my view.

All ears, though!
    Offensive? No, don't be daft!

Just pointing out that it's unwise to dismiss all AV amps without hearing them. I bought my DSP-A1 at the end of an Audiojumble for £25 as it had no remote, out of curiosity more than anything. I was completely unprepared for just how good it was!

And as it is my assertion that NS-1000s sound best when driven by Yamaha amplifiers, I would say that the DSP-A1 is a fine candidate.
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Deleted.

And as it is my assertion that NS-1000s sound best when driven by Yamaha amplifiers, .....
    We'll have to agree to differ on that one I think .
    Account Deleted

I'm Mike.

Offensive? No, don't be daft!

Just pointing out that it's unwise to dismiss all AV amps without hearing them. I bought my DSP-A1 at the end of an Audiojumble for £25 as it had no remote, out of curiosity more than anything. I was completely unprepared for just how good it was!

And as it is my assertion that NS-1000s sound best when driven by Yamaha amplifiers, I would say that the DSP-A1 is a fine candidate.
    Consider me intrigued!
    I have still to hear a Yamaha amp that will get my juices flowing though! But seriously, a DSP-A1 for £25?!?!? That must be the bargain of the decade!

I'm jamie.

set about making some decent stands to put them on today,very pleased with the results,textured powder coated but i need to blacken my balls! credit goes to mark for the design

the bass has improved as has the over all sound by bring up the tweeter to ear level.
    having only three legs makes them a very easy to level and adjust tilt back.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Geoff.

Very nice Jamie. Proper job that. You should offer a few sets on here. Get some more speaker money!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm jamie.

ha ha,i'd like to think that's it with speakers for a while mate,mind you i thought that with the signifers!
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast