+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Yamaha ns1000m

Bigman80 Guest

Daft question, Jamie. Did you notice any change to your speakers performance when you changed the Binding posts?

I'm Simon.

oh, go on.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm jamie.

slighty but then the ones they replaced were shit
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

Bigman80 Guest

Ok. Ta.

I was using some crap cable as jumpers due to the original spring Terminals having 2mm access only. As soon as I removed them and used the new terminals, the sound massively improved. Just wondered how much was down to the crap cable and the new terminals. As you say, better terminals providing better connections could make a difference.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Ken.

If anyone is interested, I have started a Project "The Yamaha NS-1000 Updated"

This is using the excellent Original Mid dome, as I couldn't find an alternative, with a 12" Scanspeak Woofer which goes a lot deeper in a similar size sealed box and the Peerless HDS Tweeter. The speakers will use the Hypex DSP as crossover.

There was a distinct lack of interest in my last few postings so I haven't bothered putting it up here.

You can follow it on my Blog here: http://www.jkwynn.co.uk/YamRev_HTML/YamRev_Thumbs.html

Bigman80 Guest

Nice! I look forward to seeing how you get on.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Ken.

My active Yamaha has strayed so far away from the original, that I have started a separate project for an active 3-way.

Jamie123 - If your looking for a concise version of my mods to the passive stock crossover, check out my summing up on my thread, post #253 here:

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...-Tweaks/page26

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112