+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamaha ns1000m

I'm Jez.

Both keepers?
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    what ever tilting them back does it has improved them a lot,i have them at about 1.5 degrees,it seems to have had an affect on separation between instruments,they are clearly defined. does this follow your findings?
    Yes, I found it made quite a big difference. Individual elements within the stereo image seem better focussed and more separated - I think this is what you are also describing.

You can do quite a lot to build on the sound of the Yammies whilst improving on the bass etc. Try replacing the wooden balls with steel ones (I know you intend to do this). Replace the spring clip terminals with proper binding posts (you can buy conversion kits on eBay). I did elaborate bracing to the back of the bass driver and a bunch of other stuff - it depends how much you want, or are prepared, to do.
    Account Deleted

I'm Deleted.

Any further findings?
    Account Deleted

I'm jamie.

nothing major to report,ive have ordered some 25mm ball bearings to replace the wooden ones,after that im getting some lead shot to fill the stands and also replace the spring terminals.

im still amazed at how tilting them back has changed the presentation,i may try bringing them away from the wall a bit too.
    after some more listening my initial feeling was wrong,they are much better than the signifers!
    the accuracy is spot on,using poor old george michael as an example the trumpet on "you have been loved" just sounds so real i could believe he's in front of me.
    My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Deleted.

Yeah, I use mine away from the wall a bit too and, as you probably know, I also have the legs of my stands filled with lead shot .
    Account Deleted

I'm jamie.

look everyone! i had my balls chromed!!

My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

I'm Grant.

just had to check that wasn't a mis spelling
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
    look everyone! i had my balls chromed!!

😂😂😂😂

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm John.

Very nice results on the stands Jamie and the balls finish them off a treat.

Great work

I'm jamie.

Default diffraction rings

mark very kindly dug out a spare pair for my ns1000's.
    they seem to focus and sharpen them up nicely,they look good too!
    cheers mark

My System
    John Wood KT88 Amp.
    Paradise Phono Stage
    Sony TTS-8000 Turntable.
    PMAT-1010 MK6 Tonearm.
    Ortofon Cadenza Bronze
    Sony X555ES Cd Player
    Yamaha NS1000m Speakers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast