+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should passenger seats be reversed ?

I'm Geoff.

You will recall that the SPV had driver and passengers facing backwards with a front facing camera used to steer it!

Geoff

I'm Martin.

I use the train quite a lot and never have a problem with facing backwards. Never really been bothered by travel sickness though. I suppose if you are prone to it then it wouldn't help matters.

IIRC the reason they don't bother on planes is because in the event of a crash it would not add enough extra safety to actually make any difference to the outcome.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I use the train quite a lot and never have a problem with facing backwards. Never really been bothered by travel sickness though. I suppose if you are prone to it then it wouldn't help matters.

IIRC the reason they don't bother on planes is because in the event of a crash it would not add enough extra safety to actually make any difference to the outcome.
    might let you survive long enough to burn to death
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Shane.

Facing backwards per se isn't a problem. It's facing backwards with a good view of an ever-retreating world that causes the issues.
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Mike.

Travel sickness isn't totally caused by facing backwards as people are prone to it facing forward too, it's to do with your eye movement, if you look out the side window and your​ eye tracks everything moving sideways they flick from side to side thereby causing motion sickness. My mate used to get it just watching the screen when I was playing 2st person shooters like Doom or Battlefield.

Sitting backwards in an aircraft won't cause issues except during takeoff and landing as that will be the only time you'll see the ground moving fast and only at a window seat.

Infant seats are rear facing to absorb the impact by forcing their bodies back into the seat and not by facing forward and their body bring flung against the restraints resulting in major organ damage and the biggest killer in front impact, torn aorta or mesentery, also they'd break their neck. So rear facing helps prevent that.

People only sit in rear facing train seats when there's no other choice 😉

I'm Mike.

Referring to plane crashes a mate of mine asked his mate ( who was terrified of flying ) if he knew why you had to put your head down when adopting the brace position, no be replied, my mate told him it was to make sure you died quickly when your spine was rammed into your brain lol

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Probably true. When suicidal pilot Andreas Lubitz deliberately flew that airliner into a mountain a couple of years ago at nearly 500 mph, the remains of those poor passengers were burger sized bits.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

On a train, facing backwards presents another problem. Being killed by the person opposite being catapaulted into you in a crash.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Probably true. When suicidal pilot Andreas Lubitz deliberately flew that airliner into a mountain a couple of years ago at nearly 500 mph, the remains of those poor passengers were burger sized bits.
    That's the thing I don't like about flying, it's all or nothing. You either arrive completely intact and healthy or you don't arrive at all. At least with all the other forms of travel there is a chance of surviving a major disaster. Even if you are badly hurt you are still alive and will pick up major compo.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Geoff.

Here's what happens when a plane hits something at 500mph. Being tightly belted into your seat seems rather superfluous really!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZjhxuhTmGk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast