+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Ridiculous Theresa May interview with Andrew Neil. (video)

I'm Adrian.

May is so far up her own bottom I doubt she knows when it's day or night. She actually only has 2 advisors - which might explain the cock up this whole campaign has been. Arrogance, stupidity sum up her approach - not good qualities for a prime minister.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I don't really need to say it again, Jez, but when it comes to this stuff, you and I are singing from *exactly* the same hymn sheet!

And Corbyn's got a damn sight better chance of delivering what's needed, in that respect, than May!!

Marco.
    Totally agree, however the real star of the Corbyn campaign has been Barry Gardiner. What a superb performer who not only out foxes his opponents but also the interviewers. What an intellect this guy has. Watch a few of his performances on video it will make you smile.
    Main system : VPI Scout 1.1 / JMW 9T / 2M Black / Croft 25R+ / Croft 7 / Heco Celan GT 702

Second System : Goldring Lenco GL75 / AT95EX / Pioneer SX590 / Spendor SP2

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    May is so far up her own bottom I doubt she knows when it's day or night. She actually only has 2 advisors - which might explain the cock up this whole campaign has been. Arrogance, stupidity sum up her approach - not good qualities for a prime minister.
    I know. I'd laugh my tits off if her decision to call the election early blew up in her pig-ugly mug!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

May. From bad to worse. 'hot air' interview. Amazing. Does she really think she can get away with this crap?!!

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entr...b09ec37c31cd63
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Just listened to this again. I just can't believe it. What vacuous gabble! It would be hilarious if it wasn't such a serious matter.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Totally agree, however the real star of the Corbyn campaign has been Barry Gardiner. What a superb performer who not only out foxes his opponents but also the interviewers. What an intellect this guy has. Watch a few of his performances on video it will make you smile.
    Cheers, Jim. I'll check that out.

As an aside, I also thought that Corbyn came across much better than May, on Question Time last night, although he needs to be much more decisive when pressed on what action he'd take in the event of the UK coming under nuclear attack, and whether or not he would retaliate by pressing 'the red button'.

I fully support his humanitarian stance and desire to ensure that effective negotiation with our enemies prevents him from ever having to make that decision, but if such a situation were to occur and there was no option but to press it, then he needs to say that he would very reluctantly do so, rather than pussyfoot around the issue.

Let's face it, it's unlikely to happen, as anyone launching such an attack would effectively be committing suicide, so Corbyn should remember that and just spit it out. People need to have sufficient confidence in him being able to do what needs to be done, if the shit hits the fan.

His failure to clarify his likely actions, when pressed again on the matter, should the dwindling effectiveness of the Tory brainwash on the electorate not be successful, could be the reason he (and Labour) lose this election - and he MUST NOT allow that to happen.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    As an aside, I also thought that Corbyn came across much better than May, on Question Time last night, although he needs to be much more decisive when pressed on what action he'd take in the event of the UK coming under nuclear attack, and whether or not he would retaliate by pressing 'the red button'.

Marco.
    Thing is Marco. I regard Corbyn as more of a Neville Chamberlain than a Churchill. You can't pussyfoot around when the shit hits the fan!

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Thing is Marco. I regard Corbyn as more of a Neville Chamberlain than a Churchill.
    Yes, that's undoubtedly his achilles heel, but he can fix it, and hopefully before it's not too late, whilst trying to get Britain to wake up and recognise what a hapless cretin May is.

Hearing now of yet more terror attacks having taken place, this time in London, it is more patently clear than ever that current government policies on dealing with terrorism SIMPLY AREN'T WORKING, so a new direction is needed, before things get worse and completely out of control.

Marco.
    Main System

I'm Adrian.

What's needed after all this finger pointing at Corbyn about his stance on terrorism is another attack to focus the debate - wait we just had one.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Geoff.

Oh dear. It doesn't get better does it? Nice quote "Lets make June, the end of May".

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...dence-to-panic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast