+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [VINYL] 2017

I'm Grant.

odd, Ive got it up on pc and its .uk..... Maybe a vpn service on the phone. I know Opera had on for phones and its taking you to the usa site.. otherwise, no idea. but says here in stock and I can have it delivered tomorrow...im a prime member
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

I ordered my vinyl copy from Amazon earlier on today.
    It's arriving tomorrow.
    £31.30

Just checked, and according to Amazon UK I can order it now, and still expect it to be delivered tomorrow.
    Last edited by Stratmangler; 02-06-2017 at 21:41.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Ian.

I was adamant, after too many disappointing remasters, particularly Aladdin Sane and Ziggy Stardust, I decided not to buy Sgt Pepper, just not willing to blow thirty quid on more disappointment. Anyway, it arrived this morning and was put straight to work, all I can say is wow!, the work that has gone into reworking this is astonishing and has paid off in spades, needless to say I love it.
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Malcolm.

I have no self control - I bought the big box to get the mono CD, new stereo and 5.1 versions - and I've just pressed the button to get the vinyl, too.

I've done a few comparisons of the new stereo on CD with the 2009 stereo CD - there was a lot of weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth on the Steve Hoffman forums saying the new mix was loud and hurt their ears. Pish! Balderdash and piffle. The new mix is a revelation - as it was to two pals I played it to on Saturday (on a rather nice DCS/ATC/Ayre/Monitor Audio rig).

My comparisons between the '09 and '17 stereo (mostly conducted through my HD700) have been interesting - the original stereo still has its place. It's hole-in-the-middle stereo is very of its time and seems, on the '09 CD at least, to put lots of space and air into the album. Still nice - and we were all correct In '09 to be thrilled with those CDs. The new one is striking - much more like a modern recording with real stereo spread and, of course, bigger bass. Centred vocals mean it sounds more like other recordings - and I think it's wonderful to have these different views of a wonderful album (alongside the mono of course - which is still hors concours in its way). Its like seeing an old master from a new angle, in a different light. The new one is probably the best way to hear the album in stereo.

The 5.1 is significant, in my opinion - more modern in that it's quite frontal (so not very 'quad' - if you know what I mean) but there's still plenty going on in the rear (especially on the marvellous Within You Without You - some great front-to-rear effects there). It's perhaps not as arresting as 'Love' in surround (one of the best surround albums ever made in my opinion) - but that was probably as much to do with the inventive remixing and cross-fertilisation of the songs. Peppers in surround is well worth hearing if you can.

I knew ultimately it would bug me if I didn't get the vinyl - so I have bought it. I will still have the pleasure long after the price is forgotten. And to think I used to be ambivalent about The Beatles.

Technics SL1210 MkII / SME 309 / Timestep PSU / Achromat / Denon DL-304
    Phono stage PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter
    Lossless / MP3 / Tidal > Roon > Bryston BDP-1USB > Marantz NA-11S1
    Marantz UD7007 SACD/Blu-ray/DVD-V/DVD-A
    Toshiba BDX1200 Blu-ray player (Zone A & Region 1)
    Audiolab 8200AP pre-amp/processor
    Power amp: Arcam P7
    B&W 804S stereo (bi-amped), HTM4S centre, CDMSNT surrounds (5.0)
    Sennheiser HD 700 headphones
    Panasonic PT-AT6000 projector

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by m10 View Post
    I have no self control - I bought the big box to get the mono CD, new stereo and 5.1 versions - and I've just pressed the button to get the vinyl, too.

I've done a few comparisons of the new stereo on CD with the 2009 stereo CD - there was a lot of weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth on the Steve Hoffman forums saying the new mix was loud and hurt their ears. Pish! Balderdash and piffle. The new mix is a revelation - as it was to two pals I played it to on Saturday (on a rather nice DCS/ATC/Ayre/Monitor Audio rig).

My comparisons between the '09 and '17 stereo (mostly conducted through my HD700) have been interesting - the original stereo still has its place. It's hole-in-the-middle stereo is very of its time and seems, on the '09 CD at least, to put lots of space and air into the album. Still nice - and we were all correct In '09 to be thrilled with those CDs. The new one is striking - much more like a modern recording with real stereo spread and, of course, bigger bass. Centred vocals mean it sounds more like other recordings - and I think it's wonderful to have these different views of a wonderful album (alongside the mono of course - which is still hors concours in its way). Its like seeing an old master from a new angle, in a different light. The new one is probably the best way to hear the album in stereo.

The 5.1 is significant, in my opinion - more modern in that it's quite frontal (so not very 'quad' - if you know what I mean) but there's still plenty going on in the rear (especially on the marvellous Within You Without You - some great front-to-rear effects there). It's perhaps not as arresting as 'Love' in surround (one of the best surround albums ever made in my opinion) - but that was probably as much to do with the inventive remixing and cross-fertilisation of the songs. Peppers in surround is well worth hearing if you can.

I knew ultimately it would bug me if I didn't get the vinyl - so I have bought it. I will still have the pleasure long after the price is forgotten. And to think I used to be ambivalent about The Beatles.
    The Beatles have a way of just capturing you dont they lol.

I ordered the vinyl from the sound of vinyl and noticed it was "new stock soon" after I paid lol. Never mind. Im away for ten days so its not the end of the world.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    The Beatles have a way of just capturing you dont they lol.

I ordered the vinyl from the sound of vinyl and noticed it was "new stock soon" after I paid lol. Never mind. Im away for ten days so its not the end of the world.

I've bought records from them and yep, you've guessed, " new stock coming soon ". Rather annoying they don't mention that until you've paid, gits
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

Bigman80 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    I've bought records from them and yep, you've guessed, " new stock coming soon ". Rather annoying they don't mention that until you've paid, gits
    Haha yes, but to be fair they always deliver and ive never had to send one back for warps or scratches. I have had manufacturer sealed item arrive scratched too from other vendors. Usually get a free download too, which I give away lol

I'm Malcolm.

Amazon must be waiting stock as well, as I am a Prime customer but my delivery is not scheduled until Friday.

Technics SL1210 MkII / SME 309 / Timestep PSU / Achromat / Denon DL-304
    Phono stage PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter
    Lossless / MP3 / Tidal > Roon > Bryston BDP-1USB > Marantz NA-11S1
    Marantz UD7007 SACD/Blu-ray/DVD-V/DVD-A
    Toshiba BDX1200 Blu-ray player (Zone A & Region 1)
    Audiolab 8200AP pre-amp/processor
    Power amp: Arcam P7
    B&W 804S stereo (bi-amped), HTM4S centre, CDMSNT surrounds (5.0)
    Sennheiser HD 700 headphones
    Panasonic PT-AT6000 projector

I'm Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by m10 View Post
    Amazon must be waiting stock as well, as I am a Prime customer but my delivery is not scheduled until Friday.
    I'm the other end of the country to you and they have them here, frustrating for you but it is worth the wait
    Turntable
    CD
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Speakers
    Cables
    Headphones

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian7633 View Post
    wont take money out until dispatch though.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast