+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band [VINYL] 2017

I'm Ian.

I tried to cancel the order and they were very difficult about it. I gave up in the end and about five weeks later all six records turned up. As Oliver said the records were in first class order, just a shame it took so long
    Turntable
    Toshiba SR-370/Mission 774/Van Damme cable with MS Starline plugs/Ortofon Quintet Black
    CD
    Cambridge CXC transport/modified Musical Fidelity X-DAC/modified Musical Fidelity X-10 V3 tube buffer
    Network Player
    Cambridge NP30
    Amplifier
    Denon HA-500 head amp/Nakamichi CA-5E pre-amp/Chinese passive RVC/Proton AA-1150 DMC power amp
    Speakers
    Mordaunt Short Signifer on original factory stands
    Cables
    Mogami with Rean Neutrik plugs/NVA LS5
    Headphones
    Sennheiser HD600/Sennheiser HD650/Koss Pro4 AA

I'm Clive.

I have the new vinyl - it's fabulous. Hardly surprisingly it's not the last word in detail/resolution but it's decent enough in this respect. The bass / richness of the sound is well judged, sure it's not modern super tight bass, it's "of the era". The 2nd disc with the extra takes gives great insight into how tracks develop as they tried different approaches. Both discs are super enjoyable to listen to. Loving it.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    I have the new vinyl - it's fabulous. Hardly surprisingly it's not the last word in detail/resolution but it's decent enough in this respect. The bass / richness of the sound is well judged, sure it's not modern super tight bass, it's "of the era". The 2nd disc with the extra takes gives great insight into how tracks develop as they tried different approaches. Both discs are super enjoyable to listen to. Loving it.
    Yes, it certainly sounds of its time but compared to a very old version I have it is sublime. I agree too that there are modern vinyl recordings that sound supreme and of exceptional sound quality but then I would expect that to be the case.
    Really pleased that you like it, it is such a shame some folk are finding it difficult to get a copy.

I'm Bob.

Clicking the link in post 31 shows it to be In Stock, price £31.88 & FREE Delivery in the UK

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XZZH7...740111_TE_item
    Source: Orbe SE / SME IV / Cadenza Bronze
    Source: WD NAS / Cyrus Stream X2 / Chord DAVE
    Source: Oppo UDP-205 (CD/DVD-A/SACD)

Amplification: Icon Audio PS 3 Sig Phono + Audio Research LS27 + Musical Fidelity A5cr Power Amp
    Loudspeakers: ProAc Response D28
    Cables/stands: Mark Grant G1500HD + Linn K20 + Cat 5e
    Other bits: Okki Nokki keeping things clean

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    Yes, it certainly sounds of its time but compared to a very old version I have it is sublime. I agree too that there are modern vinyl recordings that sound supreme and of exceptional sound quality but then I would expect that to be the case.
    Really pleased that you like it, it is such a shame some folk are finding it difficult to get a copy.
    Every record store in my neighbourhood is carrying the double Sgt. Pepper's LP. Not sure why are people finding it difficult to get a copy?
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by magiccarpetride View Post
    Every record store in my neighbourhood is carrying the double Sgt. Pepper's LP. Not sure why are people finding it difficult to get a copy?
    I have no idea, I just walked into HMV and bought a copy.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    I have no idea, I just walked into HMV and bought a copy.
    Yeah. Even my drug store around the corner is selling the double Sgt. Pepper's LP (and the CD, of course -- the CD is placed in-your-face, sitting at the cash register, fer crying out loud). It seems to be everywhere!

That would be a double roll of toilet paper and while you're at it, wontya fetch me that multicoloured double LP.
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Malcolm.

Vinyl came today - gorgeous. I didn't really need it, as the CD and BD versions are lovely too, and I have the mono vinyl...

Still, I feel no remorse about indulging in this version.

I'll be listening to it Saturday on B&W 801s biamped with Krell FPB-300s. Colour me excited.

Technics SL1210 MkII / SME 309 / Timestep PSU / Achromat / Denon DL-304
    Phono stage PS Audio NuWave Phono Converter
    Lossless / MP3 / Tidal > Roon > Bryston BDP-1USB > Marantz NA-11S1
    Marantz UD7007 SACD/Blu-ray/DVD-V/DVD-A
    Toshiba BDX1200 Blu-ray player (Zone A & Region 1)
    Audiolab 8200AP pre-amp/processor
    Power amp: Arcam P7
    B&W 804S stereo (bi-amped), HTM4S centre, CDMSNT surrounds (5.0)
    Sennheiser HD 700 headphones
    Panasonic PT-AT6000 projector

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456