+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taket Batpure - technical questions involving gain, stepup and maths ...

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Ah understood - I was misled by your citation of my post, the first paragraph of which was in response to danilo's sarcastic comments.
    Have you listened to this month's choice in the Album Club?

Barry

I'm Tom.

Back on topic .. I've acquired an interesting 3D printing template for some stands for batpures (and there's a company in Holland which can run them up at reasonable cost) ... I ended up buying a pair of stainless steel factory made ones and selling on my 'loose' one, but I'm curious now what doubling Batpures up might sound like.

Can any of the technical boffins tell me what would be the best way to get maximum output from them - wiring in parallel (as they are at the moment with the main speaker) or in series? By parallel I mean wiring both pairs back to the amp individually, both to + or - respectively. By series I'm not quite sure what I mean (!) or even if that's possible.

They are a 4kohm load and 70 db efficiency so I'm looking to improve the overall output/efficiency from having two pairs. The 4kohm load as it stands seems to have no impact on the amp's performance.
    Speakers - 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys with custom crossovers; Amp - Radford STA100; Preamp - EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII with Ikeda IT345-CR1 and Ortofon 309 Limited tonearms; Cartridges: Miyajima Madake, Zero Mono 0.7 and Premium 1.0 retipped by Ana Mighty Sound with bamboo cantilever, Ortofon SPU Royal N and Shure M3D with Jico stylus; phono stage and SUT from EAR 912; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport.

'Wer nicht liebt Wein, Weib und Gesang der ist ein Narr sein Leben lang.'

I'm Alan.

Definitely wire them in parallel for max output.

In series each would only receive half the output voltage, so only 1/4 of the available power

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Definitely wire them in parallel for max output.

In series each would only receive half the output voltage, so only 1/4 of the available power
    Thanks Alan.

Would there be any impedance impact running them in parallel?
    Speakers - 'RFC' Tannoy Canterburys with custom crossovers; Amp - Radford STA100; Preamp - EAR 912; Vinyl: Thorens TD124 MkII with Ikeda IT345-CR1 and Ortofon 309 Limited tonearms; Cartridges: Miyajima Madake, Zero Mono 0.7 and Premium 1.0 retipped by Ana Mighty Sound with bamboo cantilever, Ortofon SPU Royal N and Shure M3D with Jico stylus; phono stage and SUT from EAR 912; Esoteric Sound Re-Equalizer for equalisation of early mono and 78; Digital: Audio Note CDT2/II transport.

I'm Geoff.

At 4kOhm impedance, in practise you could run as many as you wanted in parallel........... Half a dozen?
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Tom.

Cheers Alan. I might give it a go. (Two pairs I mean, not half a dozen!). Sorry for the noddy questions.

I'm Geoff.

It was Geoff. Not Alan.

You certainly won't hurt anything using two pairs in parallel. That'll give you a 3db increase in output.
    Mr. Tact!

Main system: MMs/ADCs/Low output MC's/One rare Japanese SUT/One scarce British phono stage/various tonearms/hefty Japanese DD TT and hefty Japanese BD TT and small British BD TT. 4 CD players/2 jitter buster/2 DACs/Valve buffer. TVC stepped attenuator or valve pre-amp or solid state pre-amp. Current dumping power-amp or either of two Class A SS power-amp or Class A EL34 valve monos or big Japanese (part Class A) integrated. Big dual concentric speakers/Smaller dual concentric speakers/Two way British compacts and full range speakers, amongst others. And too much more to list!

I'm Grant.

yup the resistance drop is negligable
    Regards,
    Grant ....

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    DENON DV2900 - TWIN PRO MONOBLOCK AMPLIFIERS - XIANG SHENG DAC\PRE\HEADPHONE AMP - AVANTREE OASIS CLASS 1 BLUETOOTH - AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 & OPPO PM-3 PLANAR HEADPHONES - WIN10 JRIVER23, SPOTIFY PREMIUM - ECHO DOT - SMSL M6 MINIDAC - FULL RANGE TWIN TELEFUNKEN's - Q ACOUSTIC BT3 actives - CANTON SUB - MAINS REGENERATED AND FILTERED.

I'm Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It was Geoff. Not Alan.

You certainly won't hurt anything using two pairs in parallel. That'll give you a 3db increase in output.
    Whoops! Apologies.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Whoops! Apologies.
    70DB efficient. Why is it so low anyone?

Getting a test mic on the output of these things would be really useful - given a good enough test mic and a high sampling rate.

I'd need to know what I was really getting before I could make any sensible judgements.
    You're one microscopic cog in his catastrophic plan, designed and directed by his red right hand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast