+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Taket Batpure - technical questions involving gain, stepup and maths ...

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Ah understood - I was misled by your citation of my post, the first paragraph of which was in response to danilo's sarcastic comments.
    Barry

montesquieu Guest

Back on topic .. I've acquired an interesting 3D printing template for some stands for batpures (and there's a company in Holland which can run them up at reasonable cost) ... I ended up buying a pair of stainless steel factory made ones and selling on my 'loose' one, but I'm curious now what doubling Batpures up might sound like.

Can any of the technical boffins tell me what would be the best way to get maximum output from them - wiring in parallel (as they are at the moment with the main speaker) or in series? By parallel I mean wiring both pairs back to the amp individually, both to + or - respectively. By series I'm not quite sure what I mean (!) or even if that's possible.

They are a 4kohm load and 70 db efficiency so I'm looking to improve the overall output/efficiency from having two pairs. The 4kohm load as it stands seems to have no impact on the amp's performance.

I'm Alan.

Definitely wire them in parallel for max output.

In series each would only receive half the output voltage, so only 1/4 of the available power

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
    Definitely wire them in parallel for max output.

In series each would only receive half the output voltage, so only 1/4 of the available power
    Thanks Alan.

Would there be any impedance impact running them in parallel?

I'm Geoff.

At 4kOhm impedance, in practise you could run as many as you wanted in parallel........... Half a dozen?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

montesquieu Guest

Cheers Alan. I might give it a go. (Two pairs I mean, not half a dozen!). Sorry for the noddy questions.

I'm Geoff.

It was Geoff. Not Alan.

You certainly won't hurt anything using two pairs in parallel. That'll give you a 3db increase in output.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Grant.

yup the resistance drop is negligable
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    It was Geoff. Not Alan.

You certainly won't hurt anything using two pairs in parallel. That'll give you a 3db increase in output.
    Whoops! Apologies.

I'm Justin.

Quote Originally Posted by montesquieu View Post
    Whoops! Apologies.
    70DB efficient. Why is it so low anyone?

Getting a test mic on the output of these things would be really useful - given a good enough test mic and a high sampling rate.

I'd need to know what I was really getting before I could make any sensible judgements.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast