+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: wanted...cheap and decent fully functioning pioneer pd-s cd player

I'm paul.

Default wanted...cheap and decent fully functioning pioneer pd-s cd player

hi everyone
    as the title suggest,im after a decent pioneer pd-s stable platter cd player,i have a poorly pds 505 at the moment.
    the latest and cheapest half decent player i can get if anyone has one kicking around would be nice...want to make this my last cd/transport upgrade...so decent and for peanuts is a must...any offers

regards
    smithie

must be able to post...unless you live in penzance cornwall/in which case i can collect

I'm paul.

ok after a bit more pondering and reading up ive decided theres two models of the pioneer stable platter cd players that in really interested in getting.
    they are
    pioneer pds802 or the pds901.
    if anyone has a decent example of either that they want to sell then please get in touch.
    i may also be interested in some basket cases/ spares or repairs of these two models if anyone has any...going cheap of course
    cheers
    smithie

I'm Nodrog.

Ah.....I have a 901 and I miss it very much!!!!!

That is, it doesn't work. The lens came of the laser and I gave it to a Dutch friend/expert to fix, paid out for a new laser assembly and he messed up the installation. Alan (Firebottle) looked at it but it would need yet another laser I think and they ain't cheap.

However, it's free but.....it is in France and it's heavy!@! I now have a 7700 and whilst it sounds good, it just doesn't have the solid presentation of the 901. It is featherweight by comparison.

So if you can think of a way of getting it or are prepared to sort out a courier or risk the post then you are very welcome to it. I haven't been able to bear the thought of taking it to the dump.

I'm paul.

hi gorden
    WOW,i would certainly be very interested,and yes please,lusted after that model back in the day....now i just need to sort the logistics and costs and see if its viable to get it to me here in sunny penzance....any and all help and ideas welcome
    regards
    paul

I'm Geoff.

Just noticed you're in Penzance Paul. Nice place. When I'm there, I pop into the David Lay general auctions if they're on. Some good stuff crops up, including Hi-Fi.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm paul.

hi geoff
    ive lived down here around 16 years,the crazy thing is i walk past david lays most days when walking the dog....but ive never been to a auction
    the reason is simple,my dear old mum loves those things,and tends to get carried away if let loose....so ive restricted her to the odd car boot sale from time to time....trust me its for the best and im really not the olger i appear to be
    it certainly is a great place to be,more so in the winter when us locals pretty much have it all to ourselfs ,get some great weather then at times to.
    regards
    paul

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    it certainly is a great place to be,more so in the winter when us locals pretty much have it all to ourselfs ,get some great weather then at times to.
    regards
    paul
    I know what you mean. I like Cornwall in winter. My brother is over by Manaccan on the Lizard and I'm there whenever I can be. It can be snowing in Truro, and dry and bright on the Lizard.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm paul.

cool geoff,and lucky to have a brother down in these neck of the woods that you can come a visit as and when and your right about the weather,sometimes you can have what seems like all four seasons in one day driving around here
    the hardest thing at times here is not to get to complacent and taking all this beauty for granted because its on your doorstep....my dog and camera and my old zuki jeep help keep me planted and grateful

regards
    paul

I'm paul.

hi gordon
    just a quick heads up to let you know ive sent you a private message

regards
    paul

I'm Nodrog.

PM sent but here is pic to show condition and that it lights up!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast