+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: wanted...cheap and decent fully functioning pioneer pd-s cd player

I'm Geoff.

They make a decent transport and any Pioneer CD remote will work it. Get one off ebay cheap if necessary.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Aaron.

Bare unit, no remote or box etc. Out of interest, is it the same laser mech. used in my PD 505?
    Gear list: Technics SL1100, Denon DL160,Technics SU9070+SE9060 Pre/power, Ruark Accolade, Arcam Airdac, Cambridge Audio CXC.

I'm paul.

mmm,still tempting
    regarding the pd505..i have one of them...the laser for that is PEA1291...models are 605 and 705,from what ive seen and read,as long as the last digit is the same through the range as ive just quoted then the laser should be the same,but as ours are quite late and near the end of the pds ranges life theres not so many to choose from.
    saying that and just to confuse the issue and my statement i think the pd104,pd204 also share the same laser...and there older models...but please check and dont take it as gospel what ive put

regards
    paul

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    many thanks for the link hifinutt.
    im hoping to get the pds901 off gordon....although i may have scared him off with all my questions as his gone silent,or maybe his just got a life,unlike me
    so if im lucky enough to get hold of this then i may be looking out for a very cheap working pd 8700,9700,pds 801,901 to use as a donor for the laser.
    the prescion is a very nice player and toms mods done to them are great sound wise ,but its still a very low base model with a single dac and basic power supply,im after something with dual dacs and better more sophisticated power supply
    once again thanks for the link.please keep any leads,links coming
    regards
    paul
    I haven't gone silent!! I sent you a PM with the dimensions and the weight!!!

I'm paul.

hi gordon
    i got that email thanks,ive tried replying,at first i thought i just cocked it up this end and hadn't sent them properly as i never heard back from you,and i always tend to have alittle wine flowing through these veins
    then i realised or rather noticed the message above in the message section stating that you have exceeded your inbox amount and the reason i cannot send my message,and thats still the case at the moment as i have tried again,i did try to let you know in a post somewhere in this thread.....i know,im bloody hard work aint i,bet your glad you got in touch now with your offer

all the best
    paul

I'm Nodrog.

Quote Originally Posted by smithie View Post
    hi gordon
    i got that email thanks,ive tried replying,at first i thought i just cocked it up this end and hadn't sent them properly as i never heard back from you,and i always tend to have alittle wine flowing through these veins
    then i realised or rather noticed the message above in the message section stating that you have exceeded your inbox amount and the reason i cannot send my message,and thats still the case at the moment as i have tried again,i did try to let you know in a post somewhere in this thread.....i know,im bloody hard work aint i,bet your glad you got in touch now with your offer

all the best
    paul
    I've emptied the folders ....no excuse now!!

I'm paul.

hehe
    thanks gordon...ill send in a moment,many thanks.

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Paul you really should consider this Pioneer Precision PD-S505 that Phil linked to

It is the Pioneer PD-S505 that has been 'breathed on' by Tom Evans. I have one and they really are very good indeed. I use mine as a transport only but they are very good indeed as a stand-alone cd. You won't buy a better cd player for the money

Geoff (walpurgis) also has experience of these superb players
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninanina View Post
    Paul you really should consider this Pioneer Precision PDS-505 that Phil linked to

It is the Pioneer PDS-505 that has been 'breathed on' by Tom Evans. I have one and they really are very good indeed. I use mine as a transport only but they are very good indeed as a stand alone cd. You won't buy a better cd player for the money

Geoff (walpurgis) also has experience of these superb players
    I have two. And they're going nowhere!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm TheMostHonestPersonYouWillMeet.

Two is just greedy Geoff

Though I agree they are very good indeed. I consider them a complete cd bargain. I would happily use mine as a stand-alone player if I didn't already have the AN Dac
    Bev

Mark Levinson N°390s CD Through:Atlas Elektra XLR's To: Mark Levinson N°383 To: Magneplanar .7's

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast