+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS: Koetsu Rosewood Standard

montesquieu Guest

Default FS: Koetsu Rosewood Standard

For sale, my Koetsu Rosewood Standard also known as the Red T. I got this from the Kong Kong seller Juki a few weeks ago as a replacement for the Ikeda 9TT cartridge I bought from him that sent back six months ago as faulty (down in one channel). Unfortunately the Ikeda turned out to be beyond economic repair. (I must say his service was exemplary throughout the entire business.)

Juki had it on his list as brand new. I’ve put no more than 20 hours on it, really just to check it out against my current main workhorses, an SPU Royal N and and the Miyajima - I couldn’t **not** listen to it but I doubt if it’s even close to being run in.

I would love to keep it as it’s an interesting contrast to both - more refinement than the SPU, a magical midrange, a touch more fruity at the bottom end than the Miyajima - all the Koetsu cliches it really is a lovely sound. As with SPUs and the like, it needs a fairly substantial arm to get the best out of it.

Current UK ’street' price on this is around £2400 https://www.oxfordaudio.co.uk/shop/k...coil-cartridge (list is around £3200 I think!) and typical ‘grey’ import new from Asia is around the £1700 mark (which is about what it owes me). However since it’s technically not new any more and I’m not a dealer I was thinking £1250 which is a typical price for one with a quality re-tip rather than one that’s essentially new like this one.

Sorry for the dust on the tip the pic was taken in sunshine and it really shows it up!

Price includes RMSD in the UK.

Last edited by montesquieu; 29-05-2017 at 11:32.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Tom you have a PM
    Barry

montesquieu Guest

To clarify this is the Red T. The Rosewood Signature or Red Signature, for a 60% price uplift, is supposed to have more closely electrically-matched coils, the body is also rectangular rather than with the sloping front of the Red T, but actually they both use identically designed and constructed innards and the same fine line/eliptical stylus.

Specs:

Body: Natural Rosewood
    Type: Moving Coil
    Coil Wiring: Copper
    Magnet: Samarium-Cobalt
    Cantilever: Boron Cantilever
    Output Volts: 0.4mV
    Frequency Range: 20Hz to 100kHz
    Channel Seperation: 25db/1kHz
    Inner Impedance: 5 Ohm
    Channel Balance: 0.5db/1kHz
    Recommended Impednace: 30 Ohm
    Weight: 8.9g
    Compliance: 5 x 10-6 cm/dyne at 100 hz

montesquieu Guest

quite a few enquiries on this but still available.

I'm Jack.

I have heard this cartridge up against the Miyajima at Tom's and it sounded very nice indeed. Tom has also indicated that he made some adjustments subsequently that brought it even closer. I can confirm Tom's account of the history (new replacement for cart which was returned )as I heard the saga first hand and I know that he really would like to keep it. Tom is first rate to deal with and has been an asset to me over the years as far as crumbs off his table are concerned..

Jack

montesquieu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Non-Smoking Man View Post
    I have heard this cartridge up against the Miyajima at Tom's and it sounded very nice indeed. Tom has also indicated that he made some adjustments subsequently that brought it even closer. I can confirm Tom's account of the history (new replacement for cart which was returned )as I heard the saga first hand and I know that he really would like to keep it. Tom is first rate to deal with and has been an asset to me over the years as far as crumbs off his table are concerned..

Jack
    Yes like an idiot I had it wired wrongly! (There is no colour coding on the pins).

montesquieu Guest

Now sold.

+ Reply to Thread