+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Phantoms win it

I'm Martin.

That settles that, then.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Hugo.

Quote Originally Posted by Getgaff View Post
    Taken from another forum:

"The Phantom themselves are not repairable. Due to the manufacturing process which seals the Phantom with one ton of pressure we are unable to take the Phantom apart, and put it together again and still deliver an amazing quality of sound. At this time you would be required to purchase a new Phantom unless the previous Phantom is subscribed to the Devialetcare."
    Simple answer - if the Phantoms flick your switch, subscribe to Devialetcare.

I'm James.

So if they go caput during the warranty,you get some new ones? I Suppose that's good but it seems odd designing something that can't be repaired?
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    So if they go caput during the warranty,you get some new ones? I Suppose that's good but it seems odd designing something that can't be repaired?
    It's the risk you take with heavily integrated electronics that are as much computer as they are HiFi. If you'd rather deal with a recap at most every 10yrs then classic HiFi still has its merits, or as above, get insurance & after-care packages.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    That settles that, then.
    Crazy to make something that can't be fixed, shakes head in disbelief. Not read that in any of the reviews - if I recall correctly.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

I guess it is something to do with the way the bass system works.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm andrew.

I thought they sounded poor when I heard a pair at Scalford a couple of years ago, initially impressive but something false about the sound esp the bass.
    Andy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12