+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 79

Thread: ClarityCap CMR

  1. #21
    Join Date: Jan 2009

    Location: Sheffield - UK

    Posts: 5,669
    I'm Mark.

    Default

    No idea I'm afraid - the bass section of the crossover isn't even connected as the bass drivers are driven active from their own amp.

    100% Analogue

  2. #22
    Join Date: May 2017

    Location: Italy

    Posts: 55
    I'm Moore.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    Cool... let us know how you get on too��

    Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    ok, as soon as possible, but all depends by my friend

  3. #23
    Join Date: May 2017

    Location: Italy

    Posts: 55
    I'm Moore.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    No idea I'm afraid - the bass section of the crossover isn't even connected as the bass drivers are driven active from their own amp.
    ok, but excluding the bass region the ESA is warmer then mundorf supreme standard, right ?

  4. #24
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 2,701
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    I thought the mundorfs were warmer than the ESA. The ESA didnt have quite the "thump" in the bass as the mundorfs tho. What fun!!!

    Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Alphason HR100 MCS > Toshiba SR 370 Turntable > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Firebottle OTP MK2 Phono Stage > Firebottle Monoblocks > Creek OBH-11SE Headphone Amp > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

  5. #25
    Join Date: May 2017

    Location: Italy

    Posts: 55
    I'm Moore.

    Default

    i apologize with you, but to me sound very strange that mundorf are warmer then claritycap: mundorf are great caps but on bright side

  6. #26
    Join Date: Apr 2011

    Location: cheltenham

    Posts: 271
    I'm matt.

    Default

    As coupling caps in my Onix oa21 amp (all 4.7uf) - Jantzen z superior were a bit soft but nicely detailed. Mundorf Supreme, detailed but can be bright In the wrong system. I think It's because they are very revealing and not because they are harsh (with 4-pole caps In the power supply they didn't sound bright at all, but the bass was very loose). I sold my Mundorf silver/Gold/Oil because they were a bit dark In the midrange and the highs seemed artificial (possibly caused by the dull midrange).

  7. #27
    Join Date: Nov 2015

    Location: Wolverhampton

    Posts: 2,701
    I'm Oliver.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TAS View Post
    i apologize with you, but to me sound very strange that mundorf are warmer then claritycap: mundorf are great caps but on bright side
    No need to apologise TA. Every application yields different results!

    Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Alphason HR100 MCS > Toshiba SR 370 Turntable > ZYX R50 Bloom cartridge > Firebottle OTP MK2 Phono Stage > Firebottle Monoblocks > Creek OBH-11SE Headphone Amp > IXOS Speaker Cables > Pioneer CS-77A Speakers

  8. #28
    Join Date: May 2017

    Location: Italy

    Posts: 55
    I'm Moore.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatmarley View Post
    As coupling caps in my Onix oa21 amp (all 4.7uf) - Jantzen z superior were a bit soft but nicely detailed. Mundorf Supreme, detailed but can be bright In the wrong system. I think It's because they are very revealing and not because they are harsh (with 4-pole caps In the power supply they didn't sound bright at all, but the bass was very loose).
    excuse me but i don't understand if in the first part of your message are are referring to mundorf supreme standard or S.G.O.
    ...and when you write that bass was very loose you mean that the bass of mundorf supreme (standard?) are a bit weak then others or is less controlled ?

    Quote Originally Posted by fatmarley View Post
    I sold my Mundorf silver/Gold/Oil because they were a bit dark In the midrange and the highs seemed artificial (possibly caused by the dull midrange).
    please explain artificial: emphasis in high registers and recessed midrange ?

  9. #29
    Join Date: Apr 2011

    Location: cheltenham

    Posts: 271
    I'm matt.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TAS View Post
    excuse me but i don't understand if in the first part of your message are are referring to mundorf supreme standard or S.G.O.
    ...and when you write that bass was very loose you mean that the bass of mundorf supreme (standard?) are a bit weak then others or is less controlled ?
    loose bass was caused by 4-pole caps, not any of the film caps. I don't know If It was because I had them attached to flying leads or just how they sound.



    Quote Originally Posted by TAS View Post
    emphasis in high registers and recessed midrange ?
    Yes

  10. #30
    Join Date: May 2017

    Location: Italy

    Posts: 55
    I'm Moore.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fatmarley View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TAS View Post
    emphasis in high registers and recessed midrange ?
    Yes
    so is exact say that more neutral cap like ESA has more full bodied sound reproducion ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast



 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •