+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ClarityCap CMR

I'm Josie.

CMR caps are very good indeed. Better than MRs?... Well that would depend on where you put them. I have found that putting them in the HF makes the biggest difference.

I like to get geeky now and then. But not had enough time in the recent months to really go in to it.

MR caps do generally excell in mid and HF areas over ESRs but it's such a subjective issue as equipment can vary so much. I'm lucky enough to be totally happy with my system and so I have a good benchmark to test with.

How that helps.
    Josie

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk
    Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Deleted.

I did originally have an ESA as the tweeter cap but when I tried the Mundorf I felt it was better - sufficiently to warrant altering the final design (the values were the same obviously).
    Account Deleted

I'm Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Just standard MCap Supreme. I'm not convinced oil dielectric caps are long term stable.
    yes i'm too

The tweeter is fed via a single MCap Supreme. I can't really comment much on comparative sound of caps as I haven't done much in the way of assessment - the whole does sound good though .
    wondefull work!!!, realy compliments!

I did originally have an ESA as the tweeter cap but when I tried the Mundorf I felt it was better - sufficiently to warrant altering the final design (the values were the same obviously).
    ok, you find the mundorf better: in what ?

I'm Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Adder View Post
    CMR caps are very good indeed. Better than MRs?... Well that would depend on where you put them. I have found that putting them in the HF makes the biggest difference.

I like to get geeky now and then. But not had enough time in the recent months to really go in to it.

MR caps do generally excell in mid and HF areas over ESRs but it's such a subjective issue as equipment can vary so much. I'm lucky enough to be totally happy with my system and so I have a good benchmark to test with.

How that helps.
    Josie
    thank you very much josie!
    i wanna ask you if you comapred cmr to mr or other brand like mundorf
    Last edited by TAS; 29-05-2017 at 11:25.

I'm Deleted.

I thought, in the top end, the Supreme was a little more open and 'hear in to' than the ESA.
    Account Deleted

I'm Moore.

ah, ok the mundorf is more detailed in top end.
    so i could define ESA warmer then mundorf supreme standard ?
    how is it in bass region ?

I'm Josie.

Quote Originally Posted by TAS View Post
    thank you very much josie!
    i wanna ask you if you comapred cmr to mr or other brand like mundorf
    Sure, yes I have replaced MRs with CMR's in the HF and found a slight improvement. I have also replaced with the same in mids and found hardly (if any) change.

I've found that the HF to be more beneficial. Regarding Mundorf, I've yet to try that combo. I have some silver/gold oils which i need to out back in. They are probably the best caps for bass and clarity IMO... Well, at the moment.

Ultrafide U500DC power amplifier - Croft Vitale )highly modified) - TRIO L-07D Turntable - Denon DL103C1 - Funk Firm Houdini - Lentek MC head amp - 15" Tannoy Monitor Gold Loudspeakers in Lockwood Major cabinets (From Trident Studios) - Tannoyista SPEC 3 Custom Crossovers - VanDamme Black Speaker Cable

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Josie.

I'll let you know when I get back in to my geeky mode again. Lol...

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

I'm Moore.

Sure, yes I have replaced MRs with CMR's in the HF and found a slight improvement. I have also replaced with the same in mids and found hardly (if any) change.
    only "slight" ?
    my friend who project loudspekaers say me that the CMR more better then MR.
    probably it depens on the revelatin quality of components, i don't know

I've found that the HF to be more beneficial. Regarding Mundorf, I've yet to try that combo. I have some silver/gold oils which i need to out back in. They are probably the best caps for bass and clarity IMO... Well, at the moment.
    I'll let you know when I get back in to my geeky mode again. Lol...
    thank you !
    i know that mundorf caps are on the bright side....

I'm Josie.

Cool... let us know how you get on too😁

Tannoyista.com

Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast