Quote Originally Posted by jamie123 View Post
as i keep having to explain to people i dont understand electronics,i thought as there are so many experts on the web id be swamped with help and advice,after posting on 4 forums it seems i was wrong,one guy on pfm even asked me what i thought i should pay him!

your comment about,or should i say no comment remark about the norton and geddon being daft kinda put me off.

i was just looking for a better psu option than currenty whats fitted to my rock turntable,no one has given me any options or prices to date.

perhaps i shouldn't bother?
What's the current psu option? In the case of the geddon well although it somewhat reduces the voltage for less vibration etc it is IMHO sheer lunacy to use a transformer literally capable of powering a hundred TT's just to power one....

The only solution I can offer at present is to build you a "Nigel's speed controller" as I did for "Rexton" of this parish. As you say you can build/supply casework for it (and I'm guessing do the drilling, cutting filing etc) this would save a whole lot of money for you...