+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hello From Darlo

I'm Mark.

Default Hello From Darlo

Hi all,

I am Mark from Co Durham.

Love my music, don't we all. I have a wide range of tastes and generally will listen to anything as long as it is good, Im the kind of guy who studies lots of best albums of all time lists and then buys them up or downloads them. I guess the biasis is to great rock (Stone Roses, Smiths, Love, New Order, Beatles, Stones etc)

The biggest change for me over the last few years has been going on the Hoffman forum, this has been a real eye opener in finding the best versions of different records out there. I never realised how much difference the mastering makes, for me now it is more important than the equipment, takes source first to the next level.

Ok, now I have said hello, my gear list is below. I love my system, it is beautifully balanced, it has taken many years to get where I am, upgradeitis is gone and I am happy with my sound. The star of the show for me are the Sonus Fabers, these are an unusual speaker as they were designed as rear AV speakers, however sat wallmounted they have seen off many challengers. The current challenge is now I have moved house I need to get some custom stands made for them.

Naim 122x Pre, Naim 150x Power, Naim Flatcap, 2x Squeezebox Touch, Metrum Octave DAC with Audiophilleo 2, LP12 Ekos, Lingo, Dynavector XXV2, Dynavector P75, Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor Elipsa, Graham Slee Solo Head Amp and Ultrasone Signature Pro Phones

Cheers,
    Mark

I'm Geoff.

Hello Mark. Welcome to AOS.

Seems you have a well sorted system. Tell us if you have any future plans for it.

You'll find there's a fair bit of interest in music discussion here.

Take a look around the site and join in any chat that interests you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Andy.

Hi Mark
    Welcome, nice system you have there. Very enjoyable to I bet.
    You are correct with you statement that there is big differences with each release and re-release of a CD or record.
    Not too far away from you in Redcar, I worked in Newton Aycliffe for quite a few years.
    Enjoy the forum

Andy
    HV Electrical Engineer - SAF (Sustainable Aviation Fuel) Plant

I'm Neil.

Welcome to AoS Mark
    Regards Neil

I'm Alan.

Mark welcome to AOS
    Nice system
    Im not to far from you as well being a monkey hanger

Alan
    Turntable - Garrard 401/Jelco 750L/Ortofon Kontrapunkt B, Pioneer PLC 590, Micro Sieki MA505 , Denon DL103R - DIY Paradise Phono stage - Reel 2 Reel Studer A810, Otari MX55,Tascam BR20, Revox A77, B77, PR99, TEAC X1000 & 3440, Digital HTPC / Young Dac - Preamp - DIY B4, 821, Power Amp's DIY Avondale NCC300 Mono Block, Speakers Wilmslow Kit Volt BM220.8 / Scanspeak D2905/9500

I'm Peter.

Hi Mark.

I grew up in Darlo, and my ancient Dad still lives there, so I'm a frequent visitor still. Shame you didn't join a month earlier, as you would have been very welcome at the recent 'get-together' at the St George hotel at Tees Valley airport ... see the 'NEBO 8' thread on the Community Network sub-forum. You've got some of the most sociable enthusiasts on the AoS living in your part of the world, so get yourself along to the next meet-up

I'm Mark.

Thanks for the warm welcome, seems like quite an active community up here in the NEast, looking forward to getting involved.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by guitarcul View Post
    Thanks for the warm welcome, seems like quite an active community up here in the NEast, looking forward to getting involved.
    Yes. Join in and we'll have a chat with you.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread