Closed Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Which country has the best hi fi industry in the world

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Bloody hell, you do like to waffle on and on [and on], don't you?

Just gracefully accept the point I was making in my last post Simon, and be done with it, as it's perfectly fair. What I'm stating is of course only applicable in the context I'm referring to, but nevertheless it shows that spending more doesn't always guarantee better sound.

However, that's not to say that in other cases the opposite won't apply. It's THAT simple. End of story, case closed, done and dusted - let's all go to the pub!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Bloody hell, you do like to waffle on and on, don't you?

Just gracefully accept the point I was making in my last post Simon, and be done with it, as it's perfectly fair. What I'm stating is of course only applicable in the context I'm referring to, but nevertheless it shows that spending more doesn't always guarantee better sound.

However, that's not to say that in other cases the opposite won't apply. End of story, case closed, done and dusted

Marco.
    That's fine with me if you don't want to discuss further, I'd have liked to continue to debate though. I'd believe I'm winning the argument with those points. I've thought about it a lot and it's common sense. Doesn't always was not what was argued I don't think. It was being fleeced if you spend a lot because cheaper home made is just as good.

I'm Robin.

I don't know which country has the best Hi-Fi industry but I doubt it's here. Judging by the quality of the audio shows and general disinterest of some manufacturers to the public it's not surprising.
    A number of foreign companies don't bother with the UK which is perceived as populated by less than enthusiastic punters always after a bargain or quality on the cheap.
    Robin. mit ARC CD9, ARC ref 5 / darTZeel power + magico v2. Clearaudio Innovation wood / Phantom ll / Lyra Atlas / Aurorasound Vida,
    Stax 009S cans.KGGG headamp. all connected with wires. Auralic Aries - Aqua La Scala. Manley Absolute. Focal Stellias. HD800S Hyland headphones - Venus

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
    That's fine with me if you don't want to discuss further, I'd have liked to continue to debate though. I'd believe I'm winning the argument with those points.
    You're not winning anything, FFS. Is that's what this is about to you - winning arguments?? This isn't a debating society, Simon. It's an on-line community, where we have friendly, informal chats about hi-fi and music (and other things in the off-topic areas).

All you're doing is pissing folk off, not just me, driving them to distraction and spoiling their enjoyment of the forum, with your anal and seemingly insatiable desire to 'win' debates. Witness the fact that two people (to my knowledge) have put you on their ignore list, in the short time you've been here!

I'll be quite frank with you, it's becoming patently obvious why you've had problems on other forums, as you'd try the patience of a saint, so either change your attitude or find another forum to post on, as others and I have now had enough.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Jez.

You're not winning anything, FFS. Is that's what this is about to you - winning arguments? This isn't a debating society, Simon. It's an on-line community, where we have friendly, informal chats about hi-fi and music (and other things in the off-topic areas).

All you're doing is pissing folk off, not just me, and spoiling their enjoyment of the forum, with your anal and never-ending desire to argue and 'win' debates. Witness the fact that two people (to my knowledge) have put you on their ignore list, in the short time you've been here!

I'll be quite frank with you, it's becoming patently obvious why you've had problems on other forums, as you'd try the patience of a saint, so either change your attitude or find another forum to post on, as others and I have now had enough.

Marco.
    He's going to need a fresh shovel before long anyway and I don't think the ladders extend that far down....
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Simon.

You're not winning anything, FFS. Is that's what this is about to you - winning arguments? This isn't a debating society, Simon. It's an on-line community, where we have friendly, informal chats about hi-fi and music (and other things in the off-topic areas).

All you're doing is pissing folk off, not just me, and spoiling their enjoyment of the forum, with your anal and never-ending desire to argue and 'win' debates. Witness the fact that two people (to my knowledge) have put you on their ignore list, in the short time you've been here!

Marco.

You are a moral arbitor and continuing in the debates,which you've been happy to involve yourself in and that's all I'm doing. Don't get upset about it, if you are getting involved in a debate yourself, which is all it is. I have nothing personal to gain. You are pissing yourself off, as if you didn't want to debate you'd not post. And I'd have nobody to 'win' with as you put it. That's simple isn't it. And if your intention is to put people down and call them anal, then that's not nice.

And now you've pissed me off because you called me anal, but I guess that's your prerogative. I'm not trying to win arguments. Don't get aggressive about it. I'm interested in a debate, as you were. Otherwise you wouldn't continue. You are just upset I'd made points which you don't agree with.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
    You are a moral arbitor and continuing in the debates,which you've been happy to involve yourself in and that's all I'm doing. Don't get upset about it, if you are getting involved in a debate yourself, which is all it is. I have nothing personal to gain. You are pissing yourself off, as if you didn't want to debate you'd not post.
    The problem is, you don't know when to shut up, back down and simply 'agree to disagree', but instead choose to go ON AND ON AND ON AND ON [then on some more], until you piss people off..

I'm afraid that shows a complete lack of self-awareness, which is a rather unpleasant trait, not to mention one that's very annoying and liable to get you into trouble.

You won't 'agree to disagree', to avoid a circular argument, when it's clear that neither you or the person you're debating with are going to form a consensus, because (as is patently obvious by what you've written and the language you've used, such as 'shooting down', etc) for you it's all about 'winning' an argument, and I'm afraid if that's what you're about, then AoS isn't the forum for it.

I apologise for calling you anal, but as I've said, you'd try the patience of a saint. Anyway, you can have a little holiday for a week, during which time you can have a good think about whether you're going to try and fit in here or not, as in the meantime I can't be doing with the grief of having to manage you.

Marco.
    Main System

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617