+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Project Classic TT Set up help. Local to Birmingham

I'm David.

Default Project Classic TT Set up help. Local to Birmingham

Hope I've put this in the right section. Haven't been on here for a while as not been very well, had a very bad break up and ended up having a stroke from the stress. Luckily I've recovered relatively well. Numb left leg and shaky hand and twitchy eye aside 🙄

Anyway! I've traded in my equipment towards a new system as my old one just reminds me of my ex and I couldn't bear tolook at it let alone use it (bitter much?! Me? Noooo! &#128514 and ended up with a Yammy RN602, Monitor Bromze 5's and a Project Classic TT.

The issue I've got is...setting up speakers and an amp isn't an issue but setting up this TT would be slightly out of my comfort zone if the above hadn't have happened (but I'd have plodded on and done it) but with a shaky hand and dodgy eye I'm really worried about setting it up and either damaging the stylus (re using the gauge) or damaging "something" or not setting it up right and damaging my records 😞

So I wondered if there was anyone on here local to Birmingham who's got the knowledge and patience could pop over and help me set it up? I'd be soooo grateful. And wouldn't expect you to do it for nothing

At the moment it's just sitting there in its box and I'd like to make sure it's working before the 30 day replacement window expires.

PMme if you can help?

Many thanks

David

I'm Brian.

Hi David , really sorry to hear about your run of bad luck . Seems like it has been one thing after another , however you seem like a guy with a bit of character and I''m sure you will come out the other end all the stronger for it . I wish you a return to as near full health as your stroke will allow . Shame I wasn't nearer as you seem like a nice guy .

On the turntable front , have you tried it yet ? . These things tend to be set up at the factory and you should be able to use it out of the box . Alternatively the shop you bought it from may be able to help .
    There are quite a few AOS turntable experts in the Birmingham area and I'm sure some of them will be along to offer help when they read your post .
    Good luck my friend
    Regards
    Brian

Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment . (Rumi )

Korus Computer Audio music server
    JustBoom DAC . HRT Musicstreamer 2
    Amplifier : Sony TA FB740R
    Speakers : Tannoy 637
    Interconnects : MS Audio / Klotz MC5000 .
    Speaker cables : Western Electric 16AG

I'm Grant.

Quite a few members around the midlands so hopefully one will be able to help
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread