+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi from Toronto

I'm Zach.

Default Hi from Toronto

Hi all! I'm Zach from Toronto. I got into the HiFi addiction a few years ago through a love of vintage amplifiers, receivers and turntables. However, because much of my music is digital these days I began experimenting with digital audio streaming. I built a custom NAS for my home last year and have been experimenting with different Raspberry Pi configurations as network audio players/streamers, airplay receivers, and DACs. I currently have three systems:

Main:
    Thorens TD-160 MKII > Ortofon 2M black > Cambridge Audio CP2 > Kimber Kable Hero Analog Cables >
    Raspberry Pi / Hifiberry Digi+ Pro / Pi Musicbox >
    Cambridge Audio CXA60 > Kimber Kable Speaker Wire 4PR > Boston Acoustics A150 Speakers

Bedroom:
    Raspberry Pi / Allo Boss / Pi Musicbox > Kimber Kable Hero Analog Cables > Marantz 2275 > Acoustic Research AR TSW-210 Bookshelf Speakers

Office:
    Macbook Air > Fiio Alpen E17 DAC >
    Dual 704 > Shure M97xE Cartridge
    Harman Kardon 330b > Mission 761 Bookshelf Speakers
    NAD Viso HP 50 Headphones or Etymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones

I'm a relatively poor graduate student, so I'm always looking for the best bang for my buck, and am always interested in DIY options, such as continuing to play with RPi implementations, including maybe learning how to make my own DAC circuit boards... though new inexpensive boards do seem to be coming out all the time. I'm particularly excited about the new Isolator board Allo is coming out with!

Cheers!

I'm Geoff.

Hello Zach. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here.

Take a look around and feel free to join in any chat that appeals to you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread