+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Taking the plunge to downsizing

I'm Steve.

Default Taking the plunge to downsizing

Hello all

For the last few years I have been happy with my system but as I get older and probably started to lose my hearing, I have decided to drastically downsize.
    So, tomorrow I'm off to a dealer to compare Devialet Phantoms and Kef Ls50 wireless. My much loved system of Audionet Art, Tom Evans Vibe and Pulse Ii, McCormack DNA125 biamp, Chord QBD76 and ZPMC OB1's will be traded.

I will also be looking to sell my Missing Link cables and other bits.

A sad day but my partner will be happy to reclaim the sitting room!

I'm Martin.

Hi Steve, welcome to AoS

Don't understand the downsizing thing. Unless it is better, which it might be. Would be interested to hear you thoughts on the LS50 and Phantom.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Thanks Martin
    I don't expect it will sound better it's just that I've lost the enjoyment of the upgrade path and all that goes with swapping out cables for something better.
    I have mainly be streaming Tidal recently and I did listen to the Kefs at Bristol show. They were fed by an Innuos Zenith and it sounded fine and so much easier to maintain.
    It will be interesting to compare the Kefs against Phantoms and see if I think one is worth twice as much as the other.

I'm Geoff.

Hi Steve. Welcome to AOS.

Moderately reduced hearing acuity has little effect on Hi-Fi enjoyment. I should know, being a bit deaf and not so young!

But. A rationalisation and downsize doesn't hurt now and then. You can always rejoin the 'mad merry-go-round' of upgrading again at a later date if the bug bites again.

Anyway, have a look around the site and feel free to join in with any chat that interests you.

Enjoy the forum,
    Geoff.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Welcome to AoS Steve.

Sorry - I'm a bit late with my welcome, so tell us what was the result of the 'downsizing'? Are the two of you "happy bunnies"?

Enjoy the Forum
    Barry
    Barry

I'm Phil.

wow , stick some of that stuff on hi fi for sale for a good price . not much tead stuff available recently and missing link sells well

http://www.hifi-forsale.co.uk/
    ou might slip, you might slide, you might
    Stumble and fall by the road side
    But don't you ever let nobody drag your spirit down
    Remember you're walking up to heaven

Don't let nobody turn you around
    … Walk with the rich, walk with the poor
    Learn from everyone, that's what life is for
    And don't you let nobody drag your spirit down

Eric Bibb

+ Reply to Thread