+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Bear T8-1 MC step-up preamplifier

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Default Little Bear T8-1 MC step-up preamplifier

For sale Little Bear T8-1 MC step up preamplifier

Bought out of curiosity, I’m selling this pre-amplifier, as it is now surplus to requirements.

Comes complete with the wall-wart power supply and American 2-blade plug to BS1363 3-pin adaptor.

I did a review here: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...amplifier-T8-1, and have to say that for such a small outlay this little pre has no right to sound as good as it does.

It would be ideal for someone who wants to try a moving-coil cartridge. And it is a prime candidate for a bit of DIY ‘fettling’.

Specification:

Step up ratio: 1:10 (i.e. 20dB)
    MC input support: Moving Coil cartridges 0.3 – 0.8mV, impedance 20 – 100 Ohm
    Output: 3 – 8mV, impedance 47kOhm
    Frequency Range: 20 –20,000 Hz +/- 0.5dB
    Power: 12 – 18 VAC, 100mA

I don’t have the original packaging, but it will be well wrapped and packed.

Asking £12, delivered.
    Barry

I'm Andrew.

This is a really good bit of kit, had one myself and this is probably the cheapest way your going to get an MC working on your integrated amp with MM only phono stage.
    SS
    CD Teac VRDS25X(Audiotuned) DECK 1210 Mat Crystal Audio Mods MN Base/Bearing/Platter+Ebony armboard Feet Isonoe PSU Paul Hynes SR7EHD-27XL/DCSXL Ag DC lead/3 Stage Regs/Recap PCB+No Pitch/Strobe/Light ARM SME V(Kondo Ag Rewire&Tags) MC Cadenza Black FGS CABLES Arm Yannis SPD-4 IC Yannis 222 Litz+Ag bullets Power WAR PRE ATC SCA2 SPEAKERS ATC 50ASL STANDS Atacama PHONO Sugden Masterclass PA4 SUT Ortofon ST80SE POWER PSAudio P10

VALVE
    PRE
    Croft Epoch(Modded) AMP Sondex S100 (Modded) SPEAKERS Tannoy 15"MG+RFC Warwick cabs+ Ref XO + Batpure supertweeters DECK Garrard 301 Mat Teunto Bearings 401(Bastin) Plinth Bamboo Arms 3009/3012 PSU Eagle+Tachometer MC Ag Meister II/FGS + Ortofon SPU MONO CABLES Arm Yannis 420.5 Litz+ SpeakerPC Tripple C+WBT-0681 Ag IC Oyaide FTVS-510 AgWBT 0110Ag Phonostages Paradise(4 Box Mega-Modded) / Croft Musicmaker

This needs to go, so I'm giving it away for the cost of the parcel post (£4). Otherwise it's destined for the skip.

So any takers?
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

WOW! Bargain!!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Alan.

Yes please Barry.

I'm Kenji.

What the..?

Based almost solely on what you chaps have written above, I bought one of these Little Bear T8 humming machines/radio receivers

Since going all-tube signal path, I wanted to see how noisy my EAR 834 clone would be with a LOMC, before I splurge on a SUT. So I bought a used T8 for $20 CAD (that's probably around $0.25 Aussie dollars *jk* I usually use that one on Yankees!).

What a bargain! If I was looking to have a MASSIVE HUM GENERATOR! Or an ultra-lo-fi, one-channel local radio station receiver!

How could you guys, in good faith, give this Little POS anything but a total thumbs-down negative review? How could you not mention that in stock form, it is utterly unusable?

Are you guys selling these units, or getting paid in any form by Douk or any other distributing company?

Very disappointed here. I thought this was a forum of honest blokes...

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Fuse View Post
    I thought this was a forum of honest blokes...
    Charming.

User views given here by members would have been sincere. Not sure why you find it necessary to insult people.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Lawrence.

Actually I get paid 2 cents for each sale that can be traced back to the forum, and I've done a deal with Barry to split our ill gotten and dishonest takings.

That's 1c each so far, I can't wait for the rest of the cash to come rolling in. I'm hoping to have saved up enough for a Cadbury's Cream Egg to share with the kids by next Easter.

I'm mick.

I have had mine for a good few years and I have no complaints, could it be you have bought a faulty one? (if so ,i hope you get it sorted)

Mick
    Nothin' I do don't seem to work ,it only seems to make matters worse!. Jagger/Richards

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Fuse View Post
    What the..?

Based almost solely on what you chaps have written above, I bought one of these Little Bear T8 humming machines/radio receivers

Since going all-tube signal path, I wanted to see how noisy my EAR 834 clone would be with a LOMC, before I splurge on a SUT. So I bought a used T8 for $20 CAD (that's probably around $0.25 Aussie dollars *jk* I usually use that one on Yankees!).

What a bargain! If I was looking to have a MASSIVE HUM GENERATOR! Or an ultra-lo-fi, one-channel local radio station receiver!

How could you guys, in good faith, give this Little POS anything but a total thumbs-down negative review? How could you not mention that in stock form, it is utterly unusable?

Are you guys selling these units, or getting paid in any form by Douk or any other distributing company?

Very disappointed here. I thought this was a forum of honest blokes...

Hello Kenji,

My review was made in good faith, and the general findings were confirmed by several other Members here. At no stage did I say it was better than the Levinson of Linn LINNK phonostages I normally use.

At no time did I experience any hum problems, which suggest that you could well have an earthing (grounding) problem with your system. Nor did I have probles with RFI.

The Little Bear is not a panacea; it is an inexpensive head amp offering a performance that punches well above it's weight. It is an ideal device for someone to try out first, before going on to spend considerably more on a better product.
    Barry

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast