+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this for real?

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    The strange thing was that I had a Strathearn once and the damn thing wouldn't run backwards no matter how hard I tried to make it. I was a little disappointed, to be honest! As an aside, despite one fairly daft design flaw, I actually thought it was rather better than everyone gave it credit for.

On the other hand, this is in complete contrast to the miserable Connoisseur BD1 that I owned, which spent more time running backwards than forwards. Just one of the many reasons I detest the things with a passion...
    Why? I thought that was the purpose of the lever switch, which via a rubber-tipped peg, 'kicked' the platter to turn in the right direction on switch on.
    Barry

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    I actually thought it was rather better than everyone gave it credit for...
    if you consider that we developed the TT2 with a budget of around three grand and Strathearn were given twelve million, it bloody well should have been!
    Time flies like an arrow.
    Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    They made a very interesting full range driver of unusual design, which I heard a prototype of and it was very good. I don't think it went any further than demo-ing this at a few shows before the company folded when gov money was withdrawn.
    I thought that was a wide band isodynamic type that needed a bass driver? I recall seeing something of the sort.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Why? I thought that was the purpose of the lever switch, which via a rubber-tipped peg, 'kicked' the platter to turn in the right direction on switch on.
    That was indeed the purpose, and that's exactly my point. In my opinion, a properly designed turntable with a half decent motor does not need to be 'guided' in the right direction!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by RothwellAudio View Post
    Ah yes, I remember hearing about a company from Norther Ireland that made turntables that ran backwards I didn't remember the name.
    My LP12 also ran backwards after I got if back from Radfords when they set it up for my new Lingo in the early 90s! They fixed it in a couple of days but it was the second problem I had with that retailer in quick succession so I never used them again.

I'm Justin.

The sales video is hilarious! New era of innovation, and all that. And jeez, how much did that advert cost in the first place? The location alone would blow most budgets...

https://ksr-video.imgix.net/projects...-h264_high.mp4

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123