Alan Brown writes:

Obscenity

My problem with HiFi cables is that it's possible to spend truly obscene amounts on them. Obscene, because it seems to me many offerings to the audiophile market are overpriced hype with no real merit.

Well it does seem like that doesn't it? I mean ….. that's the easy stance; the most logical belief to adopt. The most easily understood and fiscally sensible for sure. (And at least partially/mostly accurate.)

Elsdon Wonfor Audio – EWA – have produced a new high-end cable range, designed by Colin Wonfor. So what? Well, he is both a chemistry graduate and something of a Power Supply design expert. His previous achievements may be too many to list but some of his more interesting ideas aren't that far from you right now:

They could be in your computer for instance, your TV, your phone, in that airliner leaving contrails in the sky, and certainly in the ISS orbiting a few miles above your head.

He has always returned to his home comforts though – he is perhaps best known for work in audio design, most notably AC Magnum, Inca Tech, more recently Naim and Tellurium Q.

He explains that …..

an audio amplifier is, in essence, a power supply; a very fast, tracking power supply. Being something of a bat-eared audiophile himself, Colin has produced many fine amplifiers over the years, the best of which are very special indeed. He also built the largest transistor single ended class A (SECA) audio amplifiers in the world. My point is this: he knows something about Hifi, about power supply design and delivery.

Revolutionary cable ideas

CW first demonstrated his revolutionary cable ideas to me when with Tellurium Q – a Company he helped to establish. This was about the time he was designing their well received first-generation cables. Back then, I was .....

To read the entire review, please click http://www.hifianswers.com/2017/05/e...e-test-review/