+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Another major (presumably terrorist) incident. Now in Manchester.

I'm Simon.

You don't too think it's to do with the application of what these Isis people believe as Sunni muslims and that Shia muslims are believed by them to be apostates and should die as a consequence. You don't think that's why they are killing Shia muslims. You think it's our government still.

I'm Adrian.

1. I was hypothesising why a 12 year old child with probable PTSD might be manipulated into becoming radicalised.

2. I was hypothesising why one Muslim might kill another - meaning they are not Muslims but acting politically and suggesting this might be traceable back to the west.

3. My family was in Lebanon during the last Israeli bombing and I and my family saw both the reality and the propaganda on TV.

4. My sister's husband's family live in their cellar in Libya and don't know if today is their last if they go to the market.

5. My sister's husband is involved in the oil industry both there and here and knows who is safe going in and going out - the US/UK.

This s experience - not from the Daily mail.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamics View Post
    You don't too think it's to do with the application of what these Isis people believe as Sunni muslims and that Shia muslims are believed by them to be apostates and should die as a consequence. You don't think that's why they are killing Shia muslims. You think it's our government still.
    I will admit to not knowing the killer's motives, which may have been simple, or complicated.

When we aided Stalin in WWII, we did so because Hitler needed to be defeated. We did not intend that post-War, Stalin should take control over swathes of Eastern Europe, killing and forcibly displacing millions in the process, but he was able to do so partly, at least, because of the arms and equipment we supplied him with. That doesn't excuse his actions, of course, and we may have had no choice but to arm and support him.

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    1. I was hypothesising why a 12 year old child with probable PTSD might be manipulated into becoming radicalised.

2. I was hypothesising why one Muslim might kill another - meaning they are not Muslims but acting politically and suggesting this might be traceable back to the west.

3. My family was in Lebanon during the last Israeli bombing and I and my family saw both the reality and the propaganda on TV.

4. My sister's husband's family live in their cellar in Libya and don't know if today is their last if they go to the market.

5. My sister's husband is involved in the oil industry both there and here and knows who is safe going in and going out - the US/UK.

This s experience - not from the Daily mail.
    You weren't hypothesising, you stated in your message this is why terrorism occurrs, in your last sentences. But it's so far flung to state that those killed or harmed by Isis are now joining them due to thinking that the reasons for Isis starting and causing injury to that persons family, is due to western forces. This is so far fetched to the reality of what's going on, who is killing who in the Middle East, it's clearly ignorant. Do you really believe this as a way for how Isis carries on. You don't think they are using a political agenda of the type of beliefs you hold, i.e. That's it's the western fault, to latch on to a caliphate state which is their aim, killing people in the process. We didn't destabilise and create Isis, we gave them an excuse they have used to kill and hurt people, and recruit our citizens to their horrible cause.

I'm Jez.

I condemn the past few posts by "Dynamics" in the strongest possible terms! Outrageous! How dare you accuse anyone merely trying to understand WHY these people turn to extremism, their motives, who talked them into it, whether any western govs are indirectly involved etc, of condoning or apologising for such horrific acts.

I'm out of here... it smells bad.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Adrian.

Who supplies the arms?
    Who supplies the training?

The CIA trained the rebels (whoever they might have been) and gave them arms in Libya. This is known.

Whatever you might think this is about power and politics - and it's naive to believe the West, all powerful as it is, isn't involved. Whether training and arming - or for strategic reasons.

Is there a particular reason why you're trying to put me into a corner?
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Geoff.

Stop bickering guys. You are in danger of mass deletions or finding this thread locked.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Geoff.

Discuss calmly and politely please. If this thread is to continue, kindly avoid argumentative comments and personal remarks!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

I'm really not liking what some news channels are doing, earlier today one of them went to where the recent bomber came from, as the report went on they played music over sections as though to increase the tension,like a fookin film, what's up with these people,tossers
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    Who supplies the arms?
    Who supplies the training?

The CIA trained the rebels (whoever they might have been) and gave them arms in Libya. This is known.

Whatever you might think this is about power and politics - and it's naive to believe the West, all powerful as it is, isn't involved. Whether training and arming - or for strategic reasons.

Is there a particular reason why you're trying to put me into a corner?

No I can confidently say that a decision of a British man, who was basically little more than a kid, being indoctrinated to kill fellow British citizens has nothing to do with anyone else except him. We all have responsibility for our actions, and to start blaming foreign policy decisions on causing suicide bombers is in poor taste. You think the west caused him to press the button and blow himself up, not a far stretched political and religious ideal he aspired too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast