+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: Another major (presumably terrorist) incident. Now in Manchester.

I'm Grant.

its not a good idea. they will just take and execute hostages.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Adrian.

Perhaps you're right.
    Technics SP10 mk2
    Jan Allaerts MC 1 Boron mk1 cart
    Miyajima Shilabe cart
    Hashimoto HM-X SUT
    Siggwan (gimballed not unipivot) Cocobola 12"
    Aurorasound Vida LCR Phonostage
    The Truth linestage
    Dave Slagle Autoformer Volume Controller
    Cary 805c SET amps
    Audio Note ANe-SPX speakers
    Townshend Isolda speaker cables
    Cardas Golden Presence interconnects

I'm Geoff.

Another nasty incident. Finsbury Park attack last night. I'm not surprised that something like this has happened. Sooner or later a backlash of some sort was inevitable and there's always some loon or group of loons about who will feel justified in 'taking up the sword' so to speak, in whatever ill judged or irrational manner. I doubt this will be the last occurrence of its kind.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Indeed. However, they're wrongly referring to it as another "terror attack".

What's happened now in Finsbury Park is fundamentally NOT a terror attack, nor was the idiot who carried it out, a 'terrorist'; it was an ill-conceived revenge attack against Muslims (by some unhinged racist loon), in retaliation for the recent [bonafide] terror attacks, committed on various innocent people, by radicalised Muslims.

The two are quite different!

Regardless, however, it's dreadful to see such abominations on humanity taking place again so soon after the last incidents. And I agree, that sadly that won't be the last of it either.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    Put them in front of a jury. The police could have shot them in the leg which they normally do - the area was clear so even if the fake suicide belt was real the worst it could have done was kill the twisted fuckers - which the police kindly did.

I think there's a shoot to kill policy but why?
    Have you seen the video where they were shot in London, absolutely no chance of aiming for a leg, in a side street with a raving lunatic running at you with a knife and you kill him as you land on your arse with him almost on top of you.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Indeed. However, they're wrongly referring to it as another "terror attack".

What's happened now in Finsbury Park is fundamentally NOT a terror attack, nor was the idiot who carried it out, a 'terrorist'; it was a revenge attack against Muslims (by some unhinged loon), in retaliation for the recent [bonafide] terror attacks, committed on various innocent people, by Muslims.

Those two things are very different!

Regardless, however, it's dreadful to see such abominations on humanity taking place again so soon after the last incidents. And I agree, sadly that won't be the last of it either.

Marco.
    No, it was a 'lone wolf' attack deliberately designed to instil terror into a targeted Muslim community. The Westminster attack was another lone wolf terrorist attack but with no specific target; apart from causing maximum mayhem and harm.

It is to the credit of the Muslim community at Finsbury Park that they were able to apprehend the perpetrator and turn him over to the police, and didn't lynch him there and then.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    It is to the credit of the Muslim community at Finsbury Park that they were able to apprehend the perpetrator and turn him over to the police, and didn't lynch him there and then.
    I suspect that was what he may have been hoping for, in some deluded vision of 'martyrdom' to justify his actions.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    No, it was a 'lone wolf' attack deliberately designed to instil terror into a targeted Muslim community.
    That may have been the net result, simply by way of his actions. However, I disagree that the scum involved this time was a 'terrorist', in the true sense of the word, certainly in the way of those who act on behalf of ISIS.

He was simply one of the many thousands of abhorrent racists, who sadly populate this country, and who need little excuse to abuse and attack innocent blacks and Muslims. That's rather different from an out-and-out terrorist, acting on behalf of an organised terror group.

Agreed, although I think he got a good kicking before the police arrived. The murdering vermin deserves a damn sight more than that, and I hope he gets it!

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by farflungstar View Post
    I think there's a shoot to kill policy but why?
    There is no UK Police 'shoot to kill policy' nor has there ever been. They are trained to shoot to stop, which means aiming for the central body mass, or in certain other circumstances, the head. The likelihood of this action is that they may die. The killers of Lee Rigby didn't die, so no shoot to kill policy, that's media hype and left wing propaganda.

But for goodness sake think about it, aiming to shoot someone in the leg who is marauding around trying to kill people and the firearms officers were likely moving toward them too. Almost impossible to achieve and very likely to fail, putting even more lives at risk. And with that imitation IED vest on they had no other option - just think about the media (and public) fury if armed officers had got there and not stopped them immediately? Also there were other people in the vicinity, some MOP were injured by the firearms action.

UK Police never 'normally' shoot people in the leg, if they have then they have missed.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    And with that imitation IED vest on they had no other option
    Yep. More or less what I said. You can't take chances.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast