+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RA at Cash Converters

I'm Craig.

Default RA at Cash Converters

My local cash converters have a pair of Russ Andrews speakers in stock, but their website doesn't mention them at all.

Anyone know anything about them?
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Martyn.

I would be VERY CAREFUL of ANYTHING Russ Andrews has been near.

He sells a Spendor BC1 Upgade Kit, for modifying Spendor BC1s by re-jigging, etc. them 'To sound better' (!!) than the normal BC1s.

I think he is a 'Wide Boy' like the dreaded Alan Sugar.

I would avoid anything by him.
    His 'Crogenically treated fuses' for instance.
    Have you seen the cost ?

When I worked at Oxford Chemistry I cryogenically treated two 10 amp. fuses in
    liquid Nitrogen.

It made no difference to the sound quality of my audio system.

Caveat Emptor, my friends

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn Miles View Post

He sells a Spendor BC1 Upgade Kit, for modifying Spendor BC1s by re-jigging, etc. them 'To sound better' (!!) than the normal BC1s.

Have you seen the cost ?

liquid Nitrogen.

Martyn calling anyone a 'wideboy' could well be seen as suggesting criminal dubious activity - that is a very dodgy thing to say about anyone online or in person - for reasons I don't think I need to spell out.

You don't rate RA products, many people do - that is about all you or anyone can say without stepping into a potential legal mess.

Hopefully someone else can offer the OP actual help based on the question asked.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Martyn calling anyone a 'wideboy' could well be seen as suggesting criminal dubious activity - that is a very dodgy thing to say about anyone online or in person - for reasons I don't think I need to spell out.

You don't rate RA products, many people do - that is about all you or anyone can say without stepping into a potential legal mess.

Hopefully someone else can offer the OP actual help based on the question asked.
    Point taken.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by icehockeyboy View Post
    My local cash converters have a pair of Russ Andrews speakers in stock, but their website doesn't mention them at all.

Anyone know anything about them?
    I think he may have designed his own a while back, I used to get his connected booklet sent to me after I'd bought some cables and Im sure they were in it, shortish floorstanders with biggish drivers?
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn Miles View Post

Have you seen the cost ?

liquid Nitrogen.

+1!
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Deleted.

RA did do a two way speaker for a while that had a Volt mid/bass driver (10" I think) coupled to a ribbon tweeter via a single capacitor crossover - if it is those they are worth investigating if only for the drive units.

Account Deleted

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    RA did do a two way speaker for a while that had a Volt mid/bass driver (10" I think) coupled to a ribbon tweeter via a single capacitor crossover - if it is those they are worth investigating if only for the drive units.
    Sounds like an interesting design. Seems to ring a bell from the past. Yes, they sound worth checking out. If they have Volt drivers, they are likely to be damn heavy!
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Hugo.

I'm Martyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    +1!
    Thank you.

You are some who knows about Audio.
    Understatement.
    Know a lot !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast