+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phono Stage

I'm Steve.

Default Phono Stage

Hi all
    I'm looking for help, I'd like a phono stage thats more revealing than the stage thats in my Rega Brio ( 2017 ).
    Current turntable STD305M fitted with an AT1120 tonearm. I have a choice of cartridges ( ADC zlm ) (At440Mlb) but currently using ortofon red.
    Really don't want to spend a fortune, advice would be received with thanks...

I'm Geoff.

Best tell folk what your likely budget will be Steve.

I've not tried the Rega Brio, but guess its phono stage is probably not too bad. I can recommend the Graham Slee Era Gold V. I had one for a few years and loved it. Second hand maybe around £350.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

Bigman80 Guest

Ive PM'd you with my recommendation.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I'm Steve.

Thanks for the info
    I'll google it then check ebay

I'm Geoff.

I have a collection of ADC cartridges (amongst others) and they sounded very fine with the Graham Slee phono stage.

However, other members may also have useful suggestions, so perhaps bide your time before deciding what may suit.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Steve.

Thanks for your input. Advice taken will
    research and wait for others to comment

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigman80 View Post
    Ive PM'd you with my recommendation.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Surely the spirit of the forum is to share, so we can all learn. Info shared by private message means the membership are robbed of your wisdom. Its a shame, no one learns.
    Regards Neil

I'm Gary.

I have had very good results from a NVA Phono Stage. They come in different levels of sophistication. I believe they all have the same gubbins inside them as far as the equalisation goes, but the basic one comes with a "wall-wart" type power supply only, the next one up - at £500 - has a separate high quality power supply in a matching box, while the top jobbie (at £750 I think) has twin separate power supplies - one for each channel, making it true dual mono, I believe. Mine is the middle model out of the three, and I have been very pleased with it. Probably the best phono stage I have owned to date. Good luck with the quest.
    IB

I'm Geoff.

I'm sure you'll get recommendations for such as, Icon Audio, EAR, Angle Audio and the like, but take your time and wait for some informed input. Check online reviews too, but not user reviews. They are often written by enthusiastic people who have just 'moved up' to a product they like, but have little comparative experience.

I'm Patrick.

I am currently using the Rega Brio R 2017 and am finding it's phono stage pretty satisfying. I've only previously used a Schiit mani phonostage but I suspect you would have to pay fairly big bucks to improve on what you have already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast