Bought these recently from Ian Walker here on AoS.

Here's a link to the original sale thread as there's some additional info here.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showt...highlight=quad

These are amplifiers that walk the line of detail, musicality and coherence with aplomb.

For me their biggest strength is their voicing; they don't spotlight any frequency but present music in an unforced, natural and realistic fashion which makes a lot of other presentations sound false. They truly get out of the way and let the music do the talking.

I've copied Ian's photos of the internals (hope you don't mind Ian). The externals are servicable but obviously not where their beauty lies.

These were a last throw of the dice for me with regard to solid state amps for the Lockwoods but my speakers just don't give their best with SS which is a shame as it would save a lot of hassle with valves but there you go. For what it's worth I enjoyed these more than the big money pre-powers I tried as they just gave you the music instead of the hifi but at the same time offered all the separation and clarity of anything else but just in truly coherent fashion. They are a time machine type of amp, hours can pass by easily.

Just looking to recoup costs so £600 collected or £650 including insured, next day delivery.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]