+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DVDs Poorly Manufactured Off Centre.....Drive Wear?

I'm Martin.

Well Ive had a second opinion that it plays fine in other players like an Oppo.

I wont give up on this though and I will be like a dog with a bone investigating this further.

Somethings up and Im not imagining that my players cant handle that disc without vibrating quite badly. I cant see that the spindles in my drives are that much worse for the job in hand than more expensive players.

I would have thought most video disc drives are based on a lot of plastic now.

I will have to build up a spindle and investigate this to the nearest micron

I'm Martin.

Time to get a new DVD player. I've never had this issue nor has anyone I know and we own thousands of DVDs between us.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Martin.

When its happening in several players its not just a case of one player. I have 175 dvds and this problem has occured a handful of times so that is a very low percentage.

Its clearly attacting a wasting our time vibe but I still think there is something significantly wrong with some discs. It seems to be a problem which Im expected to write off once in a while.

At least one other person has noticed it and there are reports of vibrating discs in various consoles. I just think they are warped or off centre discs. If I cant get a consensus here, you can imagine how the refund chain would view my claim.

Anyway I will leave it now and its one of those I will get my coat moments....they happen in life

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123