+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DVDs Poorly Manufactured Off Centre.....Drive Wear?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Martin.

Default DVDs Poorly Manufactured Off Centre.....Drive Wear?

I have just finished watching a comedy DVD where the disc made a spinning noise like a fridge compressor as it was clearly spinning unevenly. The unit was vibrating in an unhealthy way.

It did this in two machines...One games console and one trusty Toshiba I have. Picture quality and tracking was perfect but I shouldn't have to put up with noise and vibration

Im a bit miffed as I've had this problem a few times recently. It was a new DVD and didnt look polished or anything. Its a bit hard to tell how off centre it is but something makes it spin unevenly

It can't be doing the motor spindle any favours at the high RPM. Apart from the noise it generates, it must be reducing the life of the drive and I'm not best pleased

It was only a couple of pounds posted so not worth sending back. It seems the quality of disc manufacture is getting worse either in rough edges or a hole pressed off centre. If it was full priced it would have been going back. I will watch out for this in future. It was very cheap including postage but I wonder if there are bad batches of them.

Has anyone else noticed this issue with DVDs?

Cheers
    Martin
    Last edited by Minstrel SE; 20-05-2017 at 06:14.

+ Reply to Thread