+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volume correction factor

I'm James.

Default Volume correction factor

Can anyone shed light on what Volume Correction Factor might be in the settings of my digital pre amp? I've had it a year and only just come across it while doing something else? I have contacted the manufacturer but answer might be a while coming, cheers Jim
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Geoff.

I don't know, but I'd guess the pre-amp offers several several ratios of gain to match different power amp needs.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

RTFM is the only course of action.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    RTFM is the only course of action.
    Oh I have, back to front, no mention of it
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    I don't know, but I'd guess the pre-amp offers several several ratios of gain to match different power amp needs.
    Thanks

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieoftheday View Post
    Oh I have, back to front, no mention of it
    It's ask the manufacturer time then.
    It could be anything (Replaygain, possibly?), or maybe nothing (never got round to implementing it).
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm James.

It could be anything (Replaygain, possibly?), or maybe nothing (never got round to implementing it).
    May well be nowt as you say, best not bugger things up by playing about before I know, ta

I'm James.

May well be nowt as you say, best not bugger things up by playing about before I know, jim

I'm James.

Panasonic TV's and Theatre Systems have it.
    https://www.manualslib.com/manual/65...b.html?page=31

Seems that it gets rid of the differences in levels between different sources.
    The Audio must go through processing to achieve this I would guess so if there's an OFF setting I would use that !!

Jim.

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Panasonic TV's and Theatre Systems have it.
    https://www.manualslib.com/manual/65...b.html?page=31

Seems that it gets rid of the differences in levels between different sources.
    The Audio must go through processing to achieve this I would guess so if there's an OFF setting I would use that !!

Jim.
    Ta Jim, I'll look into it after the weekend, Jim

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast