+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Which tuner ?? Advice needed please guys .

I'm Peter.

Well, if you can see this image, you will know what your missing.

It's the gold bit in the middle.

Sorry I will resist from now on ...... every body to their own.

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyse6748 View Post

Well, if you can see this image, you will know what your missing.

It's the gold bit in the middle.

Sorry I will resist from now on ...... every body to their own.

Peter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    YOU %^*%##^^^ That looks the bollocks mate!! Fuck it fuck it fuck it .... ion obelisk 3x and X-pak 1 for sale ??
    Royd squires for sale ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    YOU %^*%##^^^ That looks the bollocks mate!! Fuck it fuck it fuck it .... ion obelisk 3x and X-pak 1 for sale ??
    Royd squires for sale ??

Very nice !! Lovely set up you have phoar

I'm Jez.

McIntosh MR67 is very nice tuner.. probably the best valved tuner I've ever heard.
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Fair enough. Not heard the Yamaha, so can offer no comment. The Kenwood however in my set ups bests the other 25 tuners I have including the Leak Troughline + Tim De stereo decoder.
    Wow !! And I'm glad you mentioned the Leak as everyone seems to like them but I'd read that they need very good reception.
    My Yamaha is nothing special at all but it really is good compared to others I've had and it was only £15 .
    I can't quite get my head around that tuners can cost over £500 mark given what's inside them compared to an amp or CD player or even speakers.
    Cheers mate

I'm Nigel.

Thanks for the link Adam, not seen that before.

Mine came From the BBC and was used for the exact some purpose, an ex BBC engineer friend of mine from Wokingham serviced it and then gave it to me, very nice tuner.

Quote Originally Posted by Beobloke View Post
    Link here: https://beocentral.com/beomaster5000-1960s

The best tuner I've heard by a country mile, and the Aiwa AT-9700 that preceded it was no slouch!

Mine came from the BBC. It was used in Broadcasting House to monitor the quality of transmissions.

I'm Andrew.

I see what you mean Adam.i do believe I had one these in 1979 .

I'm Andrew.

I can't stop looking at that Peter !!Looks like a beautiful build/finish too.

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrlb View Post
    Wow !! And I'm glad you mentioned the Leak as everyone seems to like them but I'd read that they need very good reception.
    My Yamaha is nothing special at all but it really is good compared to others I've had and it was only £15 .
    I can't quite get my head around that tuners can cost over £500 mark given what's inside them compared to an amp or CD player or even speakers.
    Cheers mate

Thing is all tuners need a good signal. I use a 6 element Yagi and a Magnum Dynalab signal sleuth. I now live much further away from the broadcast mast than I used to so the DSS was a useful addition.

Not heard many of the big American tuners but those MD tuners I had heard I was underwhelmed by. My view was that Audio Freaks had pumped the price up way too much and as such many vintage units offer better value for less. I was also underwhelmed by the Accuphase 101 ... pretty meh moment, sadly an expensive.... meh moment.

Before I started gathering up tuners I thought the Troughline the best I had, and it was, then it no longer was.

Thing is its easy to bang the drum for a cherished favourite until you compare it to whats out there, then you come to the realisation that it was really a rather knackered drum, with a torn skin.
    Regards Neil

I'm Andrew.

Thanks Arkless but I know McIntosh is well out of my league.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast