+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interesting comment on renewable energy. Specifically, wind turbines.

I'm Geoff.

Default Interesting comment on renewable energy. Specifically, wind turbines.

It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Dave.

Sums it up very nicely.

I'm Rich.

There is a biomass burning plant being built in Barry, it's being met with a lot of resistance, but it's only a few months off being finished so I don't think the protests will come to much. The pro blurb insists it is very eco friendly as the first output is reburnt and the final output contains nothing unpleasant.

We shall see.

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Grant.

People want energy, but just dont want any of it near them. its a selfish attitude as someone has to have it. One thing for sure, it wont be sited next to Buck house or suchlike. People will have to decide if they want to return to the stone age or put up with some unfortunate, ugly and potential risk near them. You cant always dump them on the Welsh and the Scots
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    People want energy, but just dont want any of it near them. its a selfish attitude as someone has to have it. One thing for sure, it wont be sited next to Buck house or suchlike. People will have to decide if they want to return to the stone age or put up with some unfortunate, ugly and potential risk near them. You cant always dump them on the Welsh and the Scots
    It's being built between where I live and where I work, so I can't escape it. I walk past it twice a day, I agree it has to go somewhere so it doesn't really bother me, the people that overlook it though are the ones doing the complaining.

To be honest I'm even hoping to apply for a job there
    Last edited by stairpost; 20-05-2017 at 19:06. Reason: Spelling

Clearaudio Emotion with Clearaudio Performer cart
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Geoff.

If wind turbine energy is so apparently ineffective, why the popularity? Is it just grant driven? Lucrative financial backing being made easily available by governments because it gives their 'green credentials' a boost and leaves us having to look at thousands of the damn things ruining the countryside.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread