Quote Originally Posted by Firebottle View Post
I really really wish you could hear it. It is the DAVE dac system that Jimbo has heard (and introduced me to) and so eloquently described in previous posts.
It doesn't use a proprietary dac chip, the dac is a programmed gate array (don't worry about the technicalities) that is a sea change in performance.

The bass performance of the system on demo could have been classed as a weapon , it was almost beyond description in power and clarity, or weight and authority in your words. I was totally gobsmacked .........

Having heard what can be achieved with the Chord technologies makes me want some of the performance. The DAVE is stupidly priced, from an affordability aspect, but Chord have just updated their HUGO dac/headphone amplifier which I am seriously tempted to audition.

One small problem, I don't have a CD transport or deck with digital outputs. If/when I get one I'll happily bring it along to yours for a sesh
Sounds great, mate. I'm always up for stuff like that, as hearing new gear is the only way you learn! So exactly how much is the Dave? If it's not too ridiculous, and when I heard it in the context of my own system and sufficiently liked it, I'd just go out and buy one - end of

Marco.