+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Different sort of noise

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Neil.

Default Different sort of noise

So a late night at the office, back at home and the family is out, so a super-quiet evening. Each time I switch tabs in my browser, perform tasks etc. I hear some noise like when a hard drive moves (except my laptop is solid state), which I eventually narrowed down from paranoia to a lamp plugged into the same outlet at my laptop charger, which together were doing some weird modulation that amplified the processing noises of my laptop so that I could hear it. Very clearly when I opened documents and did stuff it was heard on the plug socket! EDIT: nope, can still hear it with the lamp off.

I should have just gotten an official charger to replace my old one, or my wiring around that outlet is knackered, maybe random circumstance, but it does make you think.
    Last edited by Yomanze; 16-05-2017 at 23:55.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

+ Reply to Thread