+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dust. What To Do About It?

I'm Martin.

Default Dust. What To Do About It?

It is the second half of the second decade of the 21st century - we should be living in domes on the Moon but we still don't seem to have an answer to this basic problem except for tedious manual labour, eating into what would otherwise be that most valuable commodity of all: Free Time.

Years ago I used to have an ioniser. Like a little pyramid thing, you sat it on a sheet of bacofoil and it attracted all the airborne dust to it. There was a more expensive one that didn't need the bacofoil and took the dust inside. I've no idea what happened to it, lost it on a house move probabaly, but did seem to work to an extent.

Is there not some modern equivalent? Other than getting a Stepford Wife of course? (Too much maintenance for me). That was decades ago I had that gadget, have they come on any? What do you do to combat dust without having to raise a finger?
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    It is the second half of the second decade of the 21st century - we should be living in domes on the Moon but we still don't seem to have an answer to this basic problem except for tedious manual labour, eating into what would otherwise be that most valuable commodity of all: Free Time.

Years ago I used to have an ioniser. Like a little pyramid thing, you sat it on a sheet of bacofoil and it attracted all the airborne dust to it. There was a more expensive one that didn't need the bacofoil and took the dust inside. I've no idea what happened to it, lost it on a house move probabaly, but did seem to work to an extent.

Is there not some modern equivalent? Other than getting a Stepford Wife of course? (Too much maintenance for me). That was decades ago I had that gadget, have they come on any? What do you do to combat dust without having to raise a finger?
    It's under a pile of dust
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Peter.

I doubt it.... still got these little bacofoil triangles. " I'm a believer?" Perhaps not!

RMC is the answer Clean records do it for me and my precious stylus ?

Days of OLD lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

You can get modern equ. biggish ones are about £150. Smaller desk size abou £40
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Martin.

No, ionisers are a real thing. They freshen the air too.

I've got an RCM, my records are dust and dirt free (to an extent anyway).

But there is dust everywhere, on the stairs, the kit, the shelves, the rack. I'm not willing to accept that in 2017 there is no automatic method or device that can be employed to prevent this.
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    You can get modern equ. biggish ones are about £150. Smaller desk size abou £40
    Are they any good though?
    Current Lash Up:

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post

But there is dust everywhere, on the stairs, the kit, the shelves, the rack. I'm not willing to accept that in 2017 there is no automatic method or device that can be employed to prevent this.
    You need a cleaning lady.

I'm Grant.

Regards,

FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Agreed, how do you stop the DUST !!!!! RCM's are great..... until you get the record on the Turntable.... THEN?.... where does that dust come from???????

It's a bit like magic waiting for you to play your favorite record. without pops and clicks.

PB

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Grant.

a lot f it is your dead skin. then there is pollen, spores, bits of fabric etc....
    Regards,

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast