+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Practical Hi-Fi Magazine September 1979

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Peter.

Default Practical Hi-Fi Magazine September 1979

would anyone have this copy - by chance ???
    Movies ~ oppo 105 ~ marantz SR8001 ~ tannoy precision ~ BK Monolith Sub
    Vinyl ~ beogram 8002 ~ graham slee accession phono pre
    Red Book ~ Teac PD-H600 ~ red wine audio signature 30.2 ~ akg k-1000 headphones

I'm Justin.

Because it has a review of?

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Because it has a review of?
    Same thought here.... I have hundreds of old hi fi mags but finding a specific issue or review would be a major task!
    Arkless Electronics-Engineered to be better. Tel. 01670 530674 (after 1pm)

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I probably did have a copy: I use to buy them all in those days. But a couple of so years ago, I threw out a couple of cubic metres of old hi-fi mags.

The few I have remaining are boxed up, and not easily accessible.
    Barry

I'm Geoff.

I was much the same. Had mountains of mags going back to early seventies. Binned 95% and have just a few now.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Jez.

I keep thinking about binning all mine but so far nostalgia has the best of me... Some of them are in a pile/row about a metre high and 4 long, more are in old suitcases and in piles in the back of cupboards... I could REALLY do with the space but the thought of all those reviews, technical articles and opinion pieces that took years to accumulate, and cost a pretty penny spread out over several years, just being binned... hmmm. I even have maybe a metre high pile of brochures and spec sheets from hi fi shows going back to the early 80's... Hoarder? me?

Modded Thorens TD150, Audio Technica AT-1005 MkII, Technics EPC-300MC, Arkless Hybrid MC phono stage, Arkless passive pre, Arkless 50WPC Class A SS power amp, (or) Arkless modded Leak Stereo 20, Modded Kef Reference 105/3's
    ReVox PR99, Studer B62, Ferrograph Series 7, Tandberg TCD440, Hitachi FT-5500MkI, also FT-5500MkII
    Digital: Yamaha CDR-HD1500 (Digital Swiss army knife-CD recorder, player, hard drive, DAC and ADC in one), PC files via 24/96 sound card and SPDIF, modded Philips CD850, modded Philips CD104, modded DPA Little Bit DAC. Sennheiser HD580 cans with Arkless Headphone amp.
    Cables- free interconnects that come with CD players, mains leads from B&Q, dead kettles etc, extension leads from Tesco

I'm Clive.

I came to a decision a few years back and dumped around half of mine and retained the rest. I did not start my interest until the late 80s so cant help Peter but I when I started I purchased most titles regularly except What HiFi which I felt was mainly advertising with limited content.

I thought about retaining New HiFi Sound because of the record reviews but Q did them better so dumped those. I also dumped my collection of HiFi Answers because I felt the content was bland. However I quite liked the Audiophile mag that HiFi Answers morphed into so should have most of those. I also kept HiFi Review and a lot of the early HiFi World when that replaced HFR. I have some HiFi News and Record Review but not sure how many I retained.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by cre009 View Post
    I came to a decision a few years back and dumped around half of mine and retained the rest. I did not start my interest until the late 80s so cant help Peter but I when I started I purchased most titles regularly except What HiFi which I felt was mainly advertising with limited content.

I thought about retaining New HiFi Sound because of the record reviews but Q did them better so dumped those. I also dumped my collection of HiFi Answers because I felt the content was bland. However I quite liked the Audiophile mag that HiFi Answers morphed into so should have most of those. I also kept HiFi Review and a lot of the early HiFi World when that replaced HFR. I have some HiFi News and Record Review but not sure how many I retained.
    'Hi Fi World', 'Hi Fi Review' and the excreable 'The Flat Respose', were a total waste of paper and nothing more than an organ of the arch Flat Earther. propagandist.
    Barry

I'm Jez.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    'Hi Fi World', 'Hi Fi Review' and the excreable 'The Flat Respose', were a total waste of paper and nothing more than an organ of the arch Flat Earther. propagandist.
    I have one issue of "The Flat response" and yes it is laughable! I liked "Hi Fi World" though... a good mix of technical, DIY and reviews IMHO... and there is an amp designed by my good self on the front cover of the Nov '95 issue

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkless Electronics View Post
    I have one issue of "The Flat response" and yes it is laughable! I liked "Hi Fi World" though... a good mix of technical, DIY and reviews IMHO... and there is an amp designed by my good self on the front cover of the Nov '95 issue
    Got that issue, will have to dig it out and see what they say about it.
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast