+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Self-Analysis

I'm Dennis.

I'm not whinging about the past so much as lamenting that what was apparent to the young in the 60s 70s renaissance has not really been acted upon.

I have just, in February, visited the 'Revolution' exhibition at the V&A, and been reminded of how all embracing the political dissent was.

I'm Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by User211 View Post
    Ever stopped to think that hi-fi is a bit of a nerds hobby, that it is full of bullshit, and that you, of all people, might actually be slightly odd?
    Much less odd than having a garage full of half-finished refurbished vintage automobiles/motorbikes. At least us hi fi aficionados have fully functional systems that can play you album of your choice any time you walk in and ask (well, ALMOST any time
    Don't you just hate it when you cannot detect where the post ends and a signature line begins?

Alex.

I'm Russell.

I am in the middle of an article for a magazine thinking back on the impact of my stereo on romance. I've had a nice stereo since before I was sexually active, and it always seemed to play a big part in setting the mood. My ex wife, and every girlfriend I've ever had, we would always play the stereo to set the mood, and during love making as well. Every girlfriend and wife, we had our favorite music to romance with. Usually something with a slow grinding rhythm. While the women in my life didn't really get into the details of the stereo, they cared less about what kind of gear we were listening to, they did enjoy the music it brought into the home, and its effect on romance. That, my friends, is definitely not nerdy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaGT View Post
    I am in the middle of an article for a magazine thinking back on the impact of my stereo on romance. I've had a nice stereo since before I was sexually active, and it always seemed to play a big part in setting the mood. My ex wife, and every girlfriend I've ever had, we would always play the stereo to set the mood, and during love making as well. Every girlfriend and wife, we had our favorite music to romance with. Usually something with a slow grinding rhythm. While the women in my life didn't really get into the details of the stereo, they cared less about what kind of gear we were listening to, they did enjoy the music it brought into the home, and its effect on romance. That, my friends, is definitely not nerdy.
    So you could have achieved the same results with a cheap record player.
    Barry

I'm Russell.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    So you could have achieved the same results with a cheap record player.
    The better the audio, the better the sex! At least for me anyway

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Martin.

Bit of a pain in the arse to have to stop and turn the record over though. Unless you can be all done in 20 minutes: 'Let's take the foreplay as read, shall we dear?'
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Wouldn't have that problem with an autochanger. Maybe that's why the Swiss invented the Thorens TD224!
    Barry

I'm Neil.

Yep, we're geeks, yep we're a bit obsessive in our ways, but I sort of enjoy that.

What I didn't enjoy is listening to my HiFi instead of listening to the music, so as geeks, this seems to be a big step to take to divide our obsession and love of music!
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm Martin.

I've always wondered what the point of an autochanger was. Now I know
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Justin.

I always thought the biggest Mammoth fuck of vinyl was the cheek it had expecting you to rise and change the side after n pints of whatever, and do it competently.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast