+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloody Eurovision song contest!

I'm Neil.

Really liked the intermission act Onuka, but their album, not currently available
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    Really liked the intermission act Onuka, but their album, not currently available
    That was a bit of business genius then.
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200 with Sumiko h/s & Nagaoka MP50 * Firebottle valve MM phono stage * Parasound CDPi1000 * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    That was a bit of business genius then.
    It came out in 2014/2015 depending on where you look online. Nice quirky mix of electronica and dance with hints of folks music.
    Regards Neil

I'm Neil.

Looks like Portugal is going to win. Nice understated, but emotional performance, almost Nouvelle Chanson in style.
    Regards Neil

I'm Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Supreme D L View Post
    It came out in 2014/2015 depending on where you look online. Nice quirky mix of electronica and dance with hints of folks music.
    Just thinking that knowing they were playing the half-time at Eurovision they might have thought about making their album available again prior to that?
    Martin

Current Lash Up:

Technics SL1200 with Sumiko h/s & Nagaoka MP50 * Firebottle valve MM phono stage * Parasound CDPi1000 * NVA P90SA passive pre / Krell KSA50S Power amp * JM Lab Electra 926 loudspeakers *

"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S Thompson

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Just thinking that knowing they were playing the half-time at Eurovision they might have thought about making their album available again prior to that?
    Agreed.
    Regards Neil

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    3 and a half sodding hours of it, the other half is glued to it, and talking over it is met with a stern glare!
    Lol... Thing is, Rich, why is she the one in charge of the remote control? Don't let her always get her own way, unless you're simply the type who just gives in for a quiet life!

In our house, the rule is (as agreed by both Del and I) that when we're together we watch what we BOTH want to see on the main TV. If either of us wants to watch something that the other hates, then the programme concerned is recorded and watched at a later date, by the person who wants to see it, when the other one isn't there.

Or, we take turns to watch the TV in the spare room, so that BOTH of us gets to see what we want and no-one's interests are excluded. It's called compromising!

And yes, the Eurovision song contest is a joke, and has been for years. You could reunite The Beatles (even the dead ones) and nominate their song as the UK entry, and these days because of all the political voting, it would still finish near the bottom of the pile!

Plus, most of the so-called 'music' performed is simply mind-numbing commercial pap, and therefore utter shit... There is also way too much pandering to the gay community, thus creating 'anthems', from various countries, which simply appeal to that type of mentality. Not my thing at all, and so avoid it like the plague!

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

"Your validity or worth are not defined or determined by the views of others with their own superimposed agendas". - Pharos (on AoS)

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU/Williams Audio NAS linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

I'm Rich.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Lol... Thing is, Rich, why is she the one in charge of the remote control? Don't let her always get her own way, unless you're simply the type who just gives in for a quiet life!

In our house, the rule is (as agreed by both Del and I) that when we're together we watch what we BOTH want to watch on the main TV. If either of us wants to watch something that the other hates, then the programme concerned is recorded and watched at a later date, by the person who wants to see it, when the other one isn't there.

Or, we take turns to watch the TV in the spare room, so that BOTH of us gets to see what we want and no-one is put out. It's called compromising!

Marco.
    We do usually choose what to watch on the basis that both of us want to watch it, but it's her house and her TV, and she has been warning me for 2 weeks that it will be on from start to finish, so I can't really complain.

I haven't had a TV at my place for at least 10 years, I try not to be seduced by it when I'm here, I spend almost 50/50 of my time at hers and mine
    Roksan Radius 5, with Linn adikt and Michell Tecnoweight
    Copland CDA 266
    Copland CSA 28
    Squeezebox Touch
    Impulse Lali
    Van Damme I/Cs and cables

I'm Neil.

I thought Portugal a well deserved win.
    Regards Neil

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Quote Originally Posted by stairpost View Post
    We do usually choose what to watch on the basis that both of us want to watch it, but it's her house and her TV, and she has been warning me for 2 weeks that it will be on from start to finish, so I can't really complain.

I haven't had a TV at my place for at least 10 years, I try not to be seduced by it when I'm here, I spend almost 50/50 of my time at hers and mine
    Ah, I see, so you live in separate houses? That's different

Marco.
    "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do". - Milan Kundera.

"Your validity or worth are not defined or determined by the views of others with their own superimposed agendas". - Pharos (on AoS)

My system:

Modified Technics SL-1210MK5G/Mike New high-precision bearing & baseplate/Mike New ETP platter/Bruil record weight/Nagaoka GL602 crystal T/T mat. Paul Hynes SR7EHD PSU (plus regulator modules)/DCSXL pure-silver DC lead. Ortofon RS-212D tonearm/'Speedy Steve' custom-made Ebony armboard. Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver-Litz tonearm cable, with Furutech CF-DIN(R) and Eichmann silver Bullet Plugs. Cartridges: Denon DL-S1 in AT MG-10 headshell with AT-6106 Quattro Hybrid lead-wire. Denon DL-103C1 in '103U' headshell with AT-609 silver lead-wire. Vintage Denon DL-103AU in AT-Ti15ANV Titanium Headshell. Shure M55E in Denon PCL-300 headshell with 6N silver lead-wire. Shure original USA SC35C. Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 transport/DAC. Raspberry Pi-3 Model B and IQaudio Pi-DAC+/Paul Hynes SR3DR-05 linear PSU/Williams Audio NAS linear PSU. Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X preamp. Stereo Coffee LDR. Head-amp: Paul Hynes design/SR5 PSU. Also modified Lentek. Tube Distinctions 50W Class A P/P Copper amp with cryo-treated Tung Sol KT150s. Speakers: 'Lockwood Majors', using 15" Tannoy Monitor Golds, modified with bespoke crossovers. Also Celestion Ditton 15XRs. Stands: Mana Acoustics (non-magnetic stainless steel 'clones’). Hi-Fi Racks Podium T/T wall shelf. Sony ST-5055L tuner. Cables: Furukawa EE/F-S 2mm & 2.6mm solid-core mains leads, fitted with Furutech FI-50 IECs and FI-1363Rs. Stereo interconnects: Sommer Carbokab 225 (with silver-plated MS Audio non-metallic POM RCAs). Speaker cable: VDH 'The Wind' Hybrid II. Digital coaxial cable: 1m Trompeter Electronics Triax TRC-75-2, with MS Audio ‘Starline' silver-plated RCAs. Mains block: Mark Grant 6-way, modded with Furutech FP-1363R sockets and Furukawa cable. Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW 16.5 record cleaner.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast